– International Dawn Chorus Day to be celebrated on May 3; is celebrated on the first Sunday of May every year
✔ LOCKDOWN RULES/EXEMPTIONS FROM MAY 4
– The Ministry of Home Affairs clarified rules regarding opening of shops/services during lockdown
– In green and orange zones, sale of all items by e-commerce platforms permitted.
– Classifications of districts into ‘Red’, ‘Orange’ and ‘Green’ zones is done based on COVID-19 risk profiling.
– First “Shramik Special” train arrives in Patna from Jaipur carrying 1,187 stranded migrant labourers
– On the occasion of centenary year of archaeologist Prof B. B. Lal, Culture Minister releases e-book “Prof. B. B. Lal-India Rediscovered”
📈 ECONOMY & CORPORATE
– All commercial passenger flights will remain suspended till midnight of May 17: DGCA
– Non-subsidised LPG prices cut by 162.50 per cylinder