12th February 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
12th February 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. India sends medical supplies to the Pacific island nation of Kiribati:
- To manage its first COVID 19 outbreak.
2. Women scientists granted a patent for developing a green methodology:
- E.Poonguzhali, a woman scientist at IIT Madras.
- For producing a medicinally important compound called Benzo[b]thiophene.
3. JIVA Programme
- An agroecology based programme.
- To promote natural farming under its existing watershed and wadi programs in 11 states.
- Launched by NABARD.
- NABARD – July 12, 1982.
- HQ: Mumbai
- Chairman : Govinda Rajulu Chintala
4. India’s grant to Sri Lanka:
- To implement the “Unitary Digital Identity Framework”
- Modelled on Aadhaar card
5. Global Entrepreneurship Monitor Report:
- India is among the top five easiest places to start a new business.
- India’s Rank: 4
- Top rank: Saudi Arabia
6. Voice of the Customer award:
- Given by the Airports Council International (ACI)
- 18 Airports won the award including Chennai International Airport.
7. MUSE & Hello Swarm Mission:
- MUSE – Multi slit solar explorer.
- To help better understand the Earth-Sun Environment.
8. 100th Textile Express:
- From Chalthan in Gujarat to Sankrali in West Bengal.
- Boost the textile sector through an Economical, Safer and Faster mode of transport.
9. 2nd Largest Gold buyer – RBI:
- The largest buyer is the Central bank of Thailand.
- Bought 90 metric tonnes of gold in 2021.
- RBI bought 77.5 metric tonnes in 2021.
- As per Goldhub, India’s official gold reserve is the 9th largest in the world.
- Goldhub is the official website of the World Gold Council.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH