14th & 15th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
14th & 15th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. 2nd North East Olympic Games 2022:
- It will be Hosted by Meghalaya
- In Shillong from October 30, 2022, to November 06, 2022.
- This edition has taken on a special significance as 2022 marks the 50th anniversary of Meghalaya becoming a state (21st State).
- Meghalaya – Estb. on January 21, 1972
- 2018 – Manipur hosted the 1st edition of the North East Olympics
- This edition aims to bridge the gap for aspiring sports persons in the region to improve themselves.
2. IIT Guwahati partners with AICTE:
- AICTE – All India Council for Technical Education
- To provide solutions to North East India.
- The first of its kind project was launched under the ‘Grant for Augmenting Infrastructure in the North Eastern Region
- It provides assistance to improve the functional efficiency of technical institutions in remote areas.
3. World Organ Donation Day:
- Observed on 13th August
- Theme 2022 – “let’s pledge to donate organs and save lives”
- The kidney was the first organ to be transplanted.
- The World’s first-ever organ transplantation(Kidney Transplantation) operation was conducted on 23rd December 1954.
- India observes the annual National Organ Donation Day on 27th November.
- Tamilnadu ranks first in India in deceased organ donation rate at 1.8 per million population, which is 7 times higher than the national average.
- It was also the first state to create “green corridors” in 2014 to quickly transport donated organs to its destined hospital.
- Tamil Nadu made certification of brain death mandatory, becoming the first Indian state to do so.
- TRANSTAN – Transplant Authority of Tamil Nadu was formed on 12th December 2014 under the Chairmanship of the Chief Minister Of Tamil Nadu.
4. Canoe Sprint & Paracanoe World Championships:
- Pooja Ojha wins India’s first-ever medal.
- Won the silver medal
- The Championship was organized in Halifax, Canada
- Only Indian company to be listed on ‘Forbes Cloud 100 List of the Best Private Cloud Companies in the World.
- The Forbes Cloud 100 List recognizes extraordinary talents in the technology category from small startups to private equity-backed giant companies.
- Razorpay – recently received the Payment Aggregator licence from the RBI.
- Razorpay – is a full-stack financial services company that helps Indian businesses with comprehensive and innovative solutions.
- Razorpay – 2nd Indian company to be a part of Silicon Valley’s largest tech accelerator, Y Combinator.
- Razorpay – estb. 2014; H.Q – Bengaluru
6. Partition Horrors Remembrance Day:
- Observed on 14th August
- The day, which coincides with Pakistan’s Independence day, will be observed in memory of the “struggles and sacrifices of our people”.
- The day was announced in last year’s Independence Day speech by PM Modi and observed since then.
7. World’s Highest Railway Bridge:
- Chenab railway bridge
- For the first time ever since independence, Srinagar will be linked to the rest of India after the overarching deck on the world’s highest single-arch railway bridge over River Chenab.
8. Donyi Polo Airport:
- 3rd airport in Arunachal Pradesh.
- Now under construction in Itanagar
- It would reflect the long-standing indigenous respect for the Sun (Donyi) and the Moon (Polo) among the populace.
9. 23rd Edition of International Seafood Show (IISS):
- It will be hosted by Kolkata
- Marine Products Export Development Authority (MPEDA) in association with the Seafood Exporters Association of India (SEAI) will host the 23rd edition of the India International Seafood Show (IISS) in Kolkata, the City of Joy from February 15 to 7 next year.
- During 2021-22, India exported 13,69,264 tonnes of marine products worth US$ 7.76 billion, registering an all-time high export by value, while production of shrimp crossed one million MT.
10. New NATGRID CEO:
- Piyush Goyal – IAS officer
- NATGRID – National Intelligence Grid
- NATGRID is the central organization for intelligence gathering with the aim of enhancing India’s counter-terrorism capabilities.
- NATGRID – estb. 2009; H.Q – New Delhi
11. An Indian American journalist, Uma Pemmaraju has passed away.
12. Operation Yatri Suraksha:
- Launched by Indian Railway Protection Force
- Pan India operation
- Under this initiative, several steps are taken to provide round-the-clock security to passengers.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE