16th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
16th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
- India’s first saline water lantern.
- Launched in Chennai Harbour.
- It uses seawater as the electrolyte between specially designed electrodes to power the LED lamps.
- This technology can also be used in hinterlands, where seawater is not available.
- The NIOT (National Institute of Ocean Technology) team has invented the Roshini Lamp.
2. The Panch Pran (Pledge):
- On the completion of 75 years of Independence Prime Minister gave the entire Nation 5 Aims.
- Pledge 1: A developed India at 2047
- Pledge 2: Freedom from Colonial Mindset
- Pledge 3: Pride in Heritage
- Pledge 4: End Misogyny
- Pledge 5: Duty as Citizens
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi gave Indians A new slogan: Jay Jawan, Jay Kisan, Jay Vigyan, Jay Anusandhan.
3. Sri Aurobindo Ghosh 150th birth Anniversary:
- Born on 15th August 1872 in Kolkata.
- Indian nationalist, philosopher, poet and yoga guru.
- Published articles in the bombay-based journal Indu Prakash
- Literary works:
- The Life Divine
- Synthesis of Yoga
- Savitri: A legend and a Symbol
- Karmayogin in English
- Dharma in Bengali
- Editor in Vande mataram
- Passed away on 5th December 1950
4. Indian Film Festival of Melbourne (IFFM) Awards 2022:
- The event is held annually in
|2.||Best Director||Shoojit Sircar (Sardar Udham) and Aparna Sen (The Rapist)|
|3.||Best Actor||Ranveer Singh (83)|
|4.||Best Actress||Shefali Shah (Jalsa)|
|5.||Best Series||Mumbai Diaries 26/11|
|6.||Best Actor in a Series||Mohit Raina (Mumbai Diaries 26/11)|
|7.||Best Actress in a Series||Sakshi Tanwar (Mai)|
|8.||Best Indie Film||Jaggi|
|9.||Best Film from the Subcontinent||Joyland|
|10.||Lifetime Achievement Award||Kapil Dev|
|11.||Disruptor in Cinema Award||Vaani Kapoor|
|12.||Equality in Cinema Award||Jalsa|
|13.||Leadership in Cinema Award||Abhishek Bachchan|
5. India gifts Dornier Aircraft to Srilanka:
- Reaffirming India’s Security ties with the island nation.
- It was a response to a request from the Sri Lankan government in 2018 for two Dornier Reconnaissance Aircraft to enhance the maritime surveillance capabilities of the island nation.
- Srilanka is a member of the ‘Colombo Security Conclave’.
- ‘Colombo Security Conclave’ – trilateral initiative involving India, Srilanka and the Maldives and later including Mauritius, for maritime cooperation in the region.
6. International Conference on Public Health:
- DPHICON 2022 in Mamallapuram from December 6 to 8, 2022 to Mark 100 years of the formation of the Directorate of Public Health
- Will be organised by the Directorate of Public Health of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
- The theme of the conference: “Excellence in Public Health”
7. Ramsar Sites: 11 more Indian wetlands have got Ramsar recognition:
|1.||Chitrangudi Bird Sanctuary (Ramanathapuram district)||Tamil Nadu|
|2.||Kanjirankulam Bird Sanctuary (Ramanathapuram district)||Tamil Nadu|
|3.||Vaduvur Bird Sanctuary (Thiruvarur district)||Tamil Nadu|
|4.||Suchindram Theroor Wetland Complex (Kanyakumari district)||Tamil Nadu|
|8.||Hygam Wetland Conservation Reserve||Jammu and Kashmir|
|9.||Shallbugh Wetland Conservation Reserve||Jammu and Kashmir|
|11.||Yashwant Sagar||Madhya Pradesh|
- Total Wetlands in Tamil Nadu – 14
- Total Wetlands in the Country – 75
- Ramsar Site is a wetland site designated to be of international importance under the Ramsar Convention.
- Ramsar Convention is an intergovernmental environmental treaty established in 1971 by UNESCO in Geneva in Switzerland, which came into force in 1975.
8. Kalaignar Karunanidhi got CMs right to unfurl National Flag on Independence day:
- Before 1974, every year, on August 15, the practice was that the Governor would hoist the National Flag at the State Secretariat on both occasions of Independence Day and Republic Day.
- But after Karunanidhi’s effort, the practice was changed that the Chief Minister will hoist the Flag on Independence Day, and the Governor will hoist the Flag only on Republic Day since 1974.
- In his Autobiography, Nenjukku Needhi, Karunanidhi wrote about how due to his repeated efforts in writing letters to Delhi (Union government) and repeatedly raising the issue in person as to why democratically elected Chief Ministers should not be given this right.
- It was decided that Governors will unfurl the national flag on Republic Day alone and Chief Ministers will hoist the national flag on Independence Day.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE