16th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
16th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. ISRO successfully tested newly developed SS1 of its New SSLV:
- SS1: Solid Booster Stage
- It is a three-segmented solid propulsion stage.
- SSLV: Small Satellite Launch Vehicle
- It is designed to be smaller, cheaper, and quickly assembled for commercial launches on-demand.
- The SSLV will carry the satellites weighing up to 500 kg to a low earth orbit.
2. Captive Employer Initiative:
- Under the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana (DDU-GKY).
- The initiative assures sustainable placements for rural poor youth.
- Financed by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- About DDU-GKY:
- It is a part of the National Rural Livelihood Mission aimed at rural poor youth between 15 and 35 years of age.
- It is a nationwide placement linked skill training program.
- Launched on 25th September 2014.
3. 13 Major rivers through forestry interventions:
- The 13 rivers are Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Beas, Sutlej, Yamuna, Brahmaputra, Luni, Narmada, Godavari, Mahanadi, Krishna and Cauvery.
- The project targets to create green cover expansion under 10 years and 20 years under ‘Amrit Kaal’.
- Aims for future generations to get a ‘Green India’ through the ‘Van Bhagidari and Jan Bhagida’- to achieve the national goal of climate change and sustainable development.
4. India’s first ARTPARK:
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Technology Park.
- Launched in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
- To create a societal impact by executing ambitious projects in healthcare, education, mobility, infrastructure, agriculture, retail and cyber security aiming to solve problems unique to India.
5. Mahanadi Coalfield:
- It has become the biggest coal-producing firm in India.
- It is a subsidiary of Coal India.
- In the financial year 2021-22, it produced 157 million tonnes of coal.
6. National Vaccination Day:
- Observed on 16th March.
- Also known as National Immunisation Day.
- Theme 2022: “Vaccines Work for all”
- The day was first observed in 1995.
7. 36th International Geological Congress:
- The theme on “Geosciences: The Basic Science for a Sustainable Future”.
- It will provide how Geosciences are integrally related to a sustainable future, touching various aspects of life.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE