18th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
18th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. ‘Paalan 1000’ App launched:
- National Campaign and Parenting App.
- Launched at the Early Childhood Development Conclave in Mumbai.
- Paalan 1000 – focuses on the cognitive development of children in the first two years of their life.
- The app will provide practical advice to caregivers on what they can do in their everyday routine and will help clear doubts.
- The first 1,000 days encompass conception as well as the first two years of a child’s life and during this period, the growing child needs the proper nutrition, stimulation, love and support.
2. National Security Strategies Conference 2022:
- Held in New Delhi
- Organised by the Intelligence Bureau.
- Inaugurated by the Union Home Minister Amit Shah.
- The Home Minister also inaugurated the National Automated Fingerprint Identification System (NAFIS)
- Madhya Pradesh – 1st a state in the country where an unidentified deceased was identified through the NAFIS database.
- A platform for Research and Innovation
- Ideas and implementation through Science, Technologies and Innovations
- Launched by Ajay Kumar Sood, the Principal Scientific Adviser to the Government of India.
- It will provide an opportunity to bring national and global communities closer to India’s technology revolution.
4. TN CM Felicitates Sportspersons from TN:
- Chief Minister M.K. Stalin handed over incentives to sportspersons from Tamil Nadu who excelled in the 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham and the Commonwealth Fencing Championship in London.
|1.||A. Sharath Kamal (Table Tennis)||Three Gold Medals in men’s team mixed doubles and men’s singles events, silver medal in the men’s doubles event in the Commonwealth Games.|
|2.||G. Sathiyan (Table Tennis)||Gold medal in men’s team, a silver medal in men’s doubles and a bronze medal in men’s singles events in the Commonwealth Games.|
|3.||Sauvar Ghosal (Squash)||Bronze medal in men’s singles and mixed doubles events|
|4.||Deepika Pallikal (Squash)||Bronze medal in mixed doubles events|
|5.||C.A. Bhavani Devi (Fencing)||Gold medal in senior women’s sabre (Individual Category) and a bronze medal in the team event in the Commonwealth Fencing Championship 2022 in London|
|6.||Pranav Venkatesh (Chess)||He became India’s 75th Chess grandmaster|
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH