20th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
20th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. ‘Green Fins Hub’ – to encourage Marine Tourism:
- UNEP has launched a global digital platform, called ‘Green fins Hub’.
- It will provide a major boost to sustainable marine tourism.
- It is the first-ever global marine tourism industry platform.
- It offers enhanced and global membership for participating dive and snorkel operators to conserve the marine environment.
2. World Water Monitoring Day:
- Observed on 18th September.
- It aims to increase public awareness of water monitoring and recognizes the importance of protecting the world’s water resources.
- According to the National Ground Water Association (NGWA), only 0.3% of the Earth’s water is usable by people. The remaining 99.7% is in the oceans, soils, icecaps, and atmosphere.
- World water day is observed on 22nd March.
3. INS Ajay Decommissioned:
- INS Ajay was decommissioned after rendering 32 years of glorious service to the nation.
- It was commissioned on 24 Jan 1990 at Poti, Georgia and was part of the 23rd Patrol Vessel Squadron under the operational control of Flag Officer Commanding, Maharashtra Naval Area.
- It participated in several naval operations including Operation Talwar during Kargil War and Operation Parakram in 2001.
4. Andaman & Nicobar– First UT to achieve 100% coverage of precautionary dose:
- To date, more than 2,87,216 beneficiaries aged 18 have been vaccinated with a precautionary dose.
- Corbevax along with Covishield have been administered as a precautionary dose in the islands.
- Apart from this, the set target of youths under 15-18 years.
5. Maharashtra’s Daulatabad Fort to be renamed as ‘Devgiri’ Fort:
- It is located near Aurangabad.
- It is a national heritage monument, which is maintained by the Archeological Survey of India (ASI).
6. Swati Piramal was conferred with top French civilian honour:
- Swati Piramal, Vice Chairperson, Piramal Group has been conferred the Chevalier de la Légion d’Honneur (Knight of the Legion of Honour).
- The highest French civilian award comes in recognition of Piramal’s outstanding achievements and contribution in the fields of business and industry, science, medicine, art and culture, both nationally and internationally.
- In 2006, she was also awarded the Chevalier de l’Ordre National du Mérite (Knight of the Order of Merit), France’s second highest civilian honour.
- Swati Piramal is also a recipient of the Padma Shri, one of the highest civilian honours of India, as a champion of developing frameworks and policies to support women in leadership roles.
7. International Week of Deaf People 2022:
- Observed on 19 to 25 September 2022.
- Theme 2022 – “Building Inclusive Communities for All”
8. Food Security Atlas:
- Bihar – 1st, Odisha – 2nd, Jharkhand – 3rd
- Food Security Atlas of Rural Jharkhand 2022 was launched in Ranchi.
- This Atlas is an effort toward mapping the food security situation in the state.
- It has been prepared by the Delhi-based Institute for Human Development.
9. Mission Amrit Sarovar:
- It is an ambitious mission initiated by the Prime Minister, which aims to conserve water for the future.
- ‘Uttar Pradesh’ becomes the first state in India to construct 8,642 Amrit Sarovar (lakes) in India.
- Madhya Pradesh – 2nd; J&K – 3rd; Rajasthan – 4th; Tamil Nadu – 5th.
- Lakhimpur Kheri, Uttar Pradesh secured the first position within the state by constructing 256 lakes.
- Gorakhpur, Uttar Pradesh secured the second position by constructing 245 lakes.
- Pratapgarh, Uttar Pradesh secured the third position by constructing 231 lakes.
10. 4th State Conference of TARATDAC:
- The fourth State conference of the Tamil Nadu Association for Rights of All Types of Differently Abled and Caregivers (TARATDAC) was held in Chennai.
- Several schemes and initiatives have been implemented to help persons with disabilities, including an equal opportunity policy, working on making public buildings accessible, preference given to persons with disabilities under the poverty line for housing, and free bus travel.
- The State Policy for the Differently Abled Persons was issued by the TN Government in 1994.
- The Persons With Disability Act was passed in 1995.
11. App to monitor the Free Breakfast Scheme:
- CM 13 FS App was launched to monitor the implementation of the scheme which gives real-time updates to the officials.
- The ‘Chief Minister’s Breakfast Scheme’ was launched at the Corporation Primary School Athimoolam II in Simmakal, Madurai for students of classes I to V on September 15, 2022.
12. Meghalaya signs MoU with Tamil Nadu:
- The Government of Meghalaya signed an MoU with the Government of Tamil Nadu through which Tamil Nadu has agreed to support Meghalaya for the recruitment and training of medical professionals.
- This is a first-of-its-kind medical partnership between the two Indian states for collaboration on knowledge sharing, capacity building and improving health service delivery.
- The MoU is part of Meghalaya’s efforts to improve its health indicators and is one of the several packaged interventions including the Chief Minister’s Safe Motherhood Scheme (CM-SMS) under the rescue mission initiative to reduce MMR and IMR, aimed at strengthening and ensuring safe deliveries in remote areas.
- It has also been initiated as part of the State Government’s Service Delivery Redesign (SDR) aimed at creating accessible healthcare in remote areas.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE