23rd April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
23rd April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. NITI Aayog signs a statement of intent with UNICEF:
- Signed on SDGs focusing on Children
- It focuses on multidimensional aspects of child development such as health, education, nutrition, protection and other relevant areas.
- United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund
- Estb: 11 Dec 1946
- HQ: New York, US
2. President Ram Nath Kovind gives Assent to the constitution (Scheduled Tribes) Order (Amendment) Bill, 2022:
- The act provides “Darlongs” a small community in Tripura to officially get included in the list of scheduled tribes.
- The Darlong community is a sub-tribe of the Kuki tribe.
- The act amended the constitution (Scheduled Tribes) order, in 1950.
3. Champions of the Earth Lifetime Achievement Award 2021:
- Received by David Attenborough
- Announced by UNEP
- He is well known for his innovative educational television programs, especially the nine-part life series forming the life collection.
- His well-known documentaries : The Green Planet and A Plastic Ocean
- Other works: Life on Earth, The Living Planet, and The trials of Life.
- United Nations Environment Programme
- Estb: 5 June 1972
- HQ: Nairobi, Kenya
- Head: Inger Anderson (Denmark)
- The year 2022 marks the 50 years since the 1972 UN conference on the Human Environment in Stockholm, Sweden.
4. Book Released:
|S. No.||Book Name||Author|
|1.||The Magic of Mangalajodi||Avinash Khemka|
|2.||The Sikh History of East India||Abinash Mohapatra|
- Both the books are released by Odisha CM Naveen Patnaik.
5. New Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog:
- Suman K Bery has been appointed.
- Replaced Rajiv Kumar who took charge on 1 Sep 2017.
About NITI Aayog:
- National Institute of Transforming India.
- Estb: 1 Jan 2015
- CEO: Amitabh Kant
- Chairman: Prime Minister
- 1st V-C : Arvind Panagariya
- 2nd V-C: Rajiv Kumar
- 3rd V-C: Suman K Bery
6. World Book and Copyright Day:
- Observed on 23rd April.
- Theme 2022: “Read, so you never feel low.”
- The event is observed in order to promote reading, publishing and copyright.
7. Asian Wrestling Championship:
- Held at Ulaanbaatar in Mongolia.
- Indian wrestlers Anshu Malik & Radhika won silver medals.
- Manisha won the bronze medal.
8. TANUVAS University:
- Tamil Nadu Veterinary and Animal Sciences University (TANUVAS) has been ranked first among the 15 state veterinary universities in India.
- Released by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research(ICAR)
- TANUVAS Estb: 1989, Chennai.
- Estb: 16 July 1929
- HQ: New Delhi
- Director: Trilochan Mohapatra
9. “HELLO” Payment System – launched by the Russian Central Bank.
10. Space Bricks:
- ISRO and IISc Bengaluru have jointly developed.
- The slurry casting method is used to make space bricks from Martian soil with the help of bacteria and urea.
11. Telangana is to host the world’s largest California-based Biliti Electric electric three-wheeler plant with California based Biliti Electric Inc.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH