26th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
26th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Emmanuel Macron wins a second term and is re-elected as French President.
2. SEBI forms a committee:
- Market Data Advisory Committee chaired by M S Sahoo
- The committee will recommend policy measures pertaining to areas like securities market data access and privacy.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Head : Madhabi Puri Buch
- HQ: Mumbai
- Estb: 12 April 1992 and given statutory powers on 30 January 1992 through SEBI Act, 1992
3. Cosmos Malabaricus Project:
- Kerala and Netherlands collaborate
- Aims to illustrate the historical significance of Kerala using 18th-century documents.
- The project focuses on dutch documents which are often regarded as the most comprehensive source of information on the period in Kerala between 1643 and 1852.
4. World Intellectual Property Day:
- Observed on April 26
- Theme 2022: IP and Youth innovating for a Better Future.
About World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO):
- Estb: 1967
- HQ: Geneva, Switzerland
5. Khongjom Day:
- Observed in Manipur on 23rd April.
- Commemorates Manipuri warriors who battled against the British in the Battle of Khongjom during the 1891 Anglo-Manipuri war to maintain Manipuri’s independence.
6. SAANS campaign:
- Social Awareness and Action to Neutralise Pneumonia Successfully.
- Launched by the Karnataka government.
- To ensure early detection and greater awareness of pneumonia in children under the age of five.
7. UNESCO’s World Book Capital 2022:
- Guadalajara, Mexico has been named.
- 2021 – Tbilisi, Georgia; 2020 – Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
About UNESCO :
- Estb: 16 November 1945;
- Headquarters: Paris, France;
- Members: 193 countries;
- Head: Audrey Azoulay.
8. 17th Bird Sanctuary in TamilNadu:
- Nanjarayan Lake in Tirupur.
- Sanctuary for slender loris planned in Dindigul and Karur.
9. Agroecology Research Academy:
- To be set up by the Andhra Pradesh government.
- With the aid of Germany.
10. India – 3rd highest military spender:
- The nation’s spending rose to $76.6 billion
- The 5 largest spenders in 2021 – are the U.S, China, India, U.K and Russia, together accounting for 62% of expenditure.
- The U.S and China alone accounted for 52%
- The data released by Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)
11. Labour Participation dips:
- Dips to 40% from 46% in six years (2016-2022), according to data from the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE)
- Labour force participation for women drops to 9.2% from 15%.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH