27th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
27th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. World Tourism Day:
- Observed on 27 September.
- Theme 2022 – “ Rethinking Tourism”
- Observed since 1980
- It was initiated by the UN World Tourism Organisation (UNWTO)
- About UNWTO:
- HQ – Madrid, Spain
2. New Maharatna Company:
- Rural Electrification Corporation (REC) has been accorded the status of ‘Maharatna’, a central public sector enterprise.
- It is the 12th company to be given the Maharatna Status.
- The status provided greater operational and financial autonomy.
- Eligibility criteria for Maharatna Status:
- The Central Public Sector Enterprises recorded more than Rs. 5,000 crores of net profit for three consecutive years.
- An average annual turnover of Rs. 25,000 crores for three years
- Recording an average net worth of Rs. 15,000 crores for three years.
3. East Asia Summit Economic Ministers’ Meeting:
- Held at the Siem Reap City of Cambodia.
- The East Asia Summit is the Indo-Pacific Premier forum for strategic dialogue.
4. Global Clean Energy Action Forum:
- Held at Pittsburgh in the USA.
- Members from over 30 countries participated in the event and discussed ways to accelerate clean energy innovation and deployment.
5. Breakthrough Prize 2023:
- Daniel A. Spielman has been honoured with the 2023 Breakthrough Prize in Mathematics for multiple discoveries in theoretical computer science and mathematics.
6. Airport Service Quality Award 2022:
- Won by Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL)
- The award is instituted by the Airport Council International (ACI)
- The award recognized CIAL’s implementation of the ‘Mission Safeguarding’ program that was implemented in 2021-22 to ensure seamless traffic and passenger satisfaction after the COVID-19 pandemic.
7. Queen Elizabeth II Award – won by Braverman:
- Indian-origin British Home Secretary Suella Braverman has been named the winner of the first-ever Queen Elizabeth II Woman of the Year award.
8. Tamil Nadu Cabinet gives nod to regulate online gambling:
- The Tamil Nadu Cabinet gave its nod to promulgate an ordinance to regulate online gambling in the state.
- In June 2022, the State govt had constituted a panel under the retired judge of the Madras High Court ‘Justice K Chandru’ to recommend the promulgation of an ordinance to regulate online gambling in the State.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH