28th February 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
28th February 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. India abstains from voting in UNSC:
- The UN held an emergency session of the General Assembly to discuss Russia’s military operations in Ukraine.
About UNSC :
- Estb: 24th October 1945
- Members: 15 countries
- India (Non-Permanent) Member.
2. National Science Day:
- Observed on 28th February
- The day marks the discovery of the Raman Effect.
- Theme 2022: Integrated Approach in Science and Technology for Sustainable Future.
3. Recapitalizing PSBs:
- The central government has announced to provide capital support to weak public sector lenders like the Central bank of India and Punjab and Sindh Bank.
- Such banks will get Rs. 15,000 crores earmarked for Capital infusion.
4. Rare Disease Day:
- Observed on 28th February.
- To raise awareness amongst the General public about rare diseases and their impact on patients’ lives.
5. Cabinet approves:
- Cabinet has approved the implementation of the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
- Central sector scheme.
- It will have a budget of rs.1,600 crores.
- Implementing Agency: National Health Authority.
- Comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
6. NDB opens office in GIFT city:
- New Development Bank becomes the 1st Multilateral agency to open an office in the Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT).
- NDB was set up by the BRICS Countries on 15th July 2014 and became operational in 2015.
- HQ: Shanghai, China.
- NDB president : Marcos Prado Troyjo.
7. National Strategy on Additive Manufacturing:
- It aims to mitigate the immediate disabilities which are being faced by the local industries.
- 3D Printing, also known as additive manufacturing, is a method of creating prototypes.
8. World Sustainable Energy Day:
- Observed on 27th February.
- Theme: Energy Transition – Full speed Ahead.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH