2nd March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
2nd March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. ‘Naan Mudhalvan’:
- ‘Naan Mudhalvan – Ulagai Vellum Ilaiya Tamilagam’
- The skill development scheme for students.
- Launched by the Tamilnadu Government.
- The scheme is designed to bridge the talent gap in the employment market.
- The scheme will hone the skills of a particular individual in a selected sector and will also include training students on their choice of subjects area, languages, technical knowhow and others.
2. World Civil Defence Day:
- Observed on March 1
- Theme 2022: Civil defence and management of displaced populations in face of disasters and crises; the role of volunteers and the fight against pandemics.
3. IPCC Report:
- Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- It is said that there will be a rise in the water level of the Indus, Ganga and Brahmaputra river basins by 2050 and 2100.
- Mumbai – will face a high risk of a sea-level rise and flooding
- Ahmedabad – faces a serious heatwave danger.
- Cities including Chennai, Bhubaneshwar, Patna and Lucknow are approaching dangerous levels of heat and humidity.
- IPCC HQ: Geneva, Switzerland.
4. Ambulance for Street animals:
- Launched by the Blue Cross of India.
- First of its kind ambulance for street animals in Chennai.
- In collaboration with the international animal welfare organization Four Paw.
5. Stree Manoraksha Project:
- Launched by the Ministry of Women and Child Development.
- For capacity building of One-stop centre.
- The project has been designed to end the cycle of violence against women.
- It is a life skill to provide help to women who are facing atrocities.
6. Bilateral Swap arrangement:
- India and Japan have renewed their bilateral swap arrangements to the extent of $75 billion.
- It is a two-way arrangement where both authorities can swap their local currencies in exchange for dollars.
- Book Name: Ungalil Oruvan
- Author: MK Stalin (TN Chief Minister )
8. The 31st Southeast Asian Games will be held in Vietnam from May 12 to 23. It is the biggest sporting event in Southeast Asia and is a biennial event. Motto: “For a stronger Southeast Asia”.
9. National Gender Index:
- To be developed by Niti Aayog.
- Objective: To measure the progress and identify the persisting gaps in gender equality to make informed policy decisions.
10. Long March 8 Rocket:
- Launched by China.
- Carried 22 satellites.
- Mainly used for commercial remote sensing services, marine environment monitoring, forest fire prevention and disaster mitigation.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH