4th January 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
1. Sudan PM resigned:
- Sudan’s Civilian Prime Minister Abdalla Hamdok resigned.
- Due to the coup and deadly crackdown on protesters.
2. Losar Festival:
- Traditional New Year of Tibetan Buddhists.
- Celebrated by the Buddhist community in the Ladakh region.
- 15 days festival
- Losar – Tibetan word – meaning ‘New Year’.
3. New CEO of Railway board:
- ‘Vinay Kumar Tripathy’ as a new chairman and CEO of Railway board.
- Pfizer’s COVID-19 antiviral drug.
- Received emergency use authorisation in the U.S
- Used for adults and children aged 12 and more.
5. Florona Infection:
- 1st “Florona” or flu+Corona case identified in Israel.
- COVID and Influenza Double Infection.
- So far WHO has named Alpha, Beta, Gamma, Delta and Omicron as variants of SARS- CoV-2.
6. Gold Medal for India:
- Gaurav Sahu of Udaipur, Rajasthan – 1st Gold medal for India in the Asian Powerlifting Championship.
- Held in Istanbul in Turkey.
- Manimaran, from Tamilnadu – bagged an overall gold medal in this championship.
- Raja, from Tamilnadu, won a Bronze medal in the 140kg weight category.
7. 5% GST for Food and Cab Aggregators:
- Food Aggregators like Swiggy and Zomato and Cab aggregators like Ola and Uber will have to collect tax at 5 per cent.
- Tax slabs: 0%, 5%, 12%, 18%, 28%
- From 01 July 2017
- South Korea’s 1st Artificial Sun.
- It would maintain 100 million degrees for 300 seconds.
9. International Yoga Academy:
- Laid foundation stone by AYUSH Minister Shri. Sarbananda Sonowal in Hyderabad.
- Offers Ayurvedic consultation, massage and therapeutic treatments.
10. New DG of NMCG:
- ASHOK KUMAR – New Director General of National Mission for Clean Ganga.
- Comes under the Ministry of Jal Shakthi.
- Launched on 12th August 2011.
11. NEAT 3.0:
- Launched by Union Education Minister Shri. Dharmendra Pradhan.
- To provide the best developed Ed-Tech solutions and courses to students of the country.
- NEAT – National Educational Alliance for Technology.
12. Sushmita Dev:
- Present in a 31-member panel to examine the bill to raise the legal marriage age for women.
- She is the only woman MP out of 31 members of the panel.
- The Prohibition of Child Marriage (Amendment) Bill, seeks to increase the legal age of marriage for women from 18 to 21.
13. World Braille Day:
- Observed on January 4 every year.
- Marks the birth anniversary of Louis Braille, a French educator, who invented the Braille system.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH