9th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
9th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. International summit on Plastics Recycling and waste Management:
- Organised by the Ministry of MSME.
- The summit emphasizes knowing your waste and how recycling is the right thing to do, which is to be done in the right way.
- The ministry also launched two special initiatives, Sambhav and Swavlamban to promote entrepreneurship amongst youth, especially in aspirational districts all across India.
2. UPI123Pay and DigiSaathi:
- Launched by RBI and NPCI.
- This initiative will improve digital payments to a higher level, paving the way for a cashless economy.
- DigiSaathi will help customers address queries in the digital payments umbrella including cards in two languages – English and Hindi and also working towards all vernacular languages.
- National Payments Corporation of India.
- Estb: 2008
- HQ: Mumbai
- It is a booklet released by the RBI.
- It provides information on the common modus operandi used by fraudsters and precautions to be taken while carrying out various financial transactions.
4. Data Centre:
- Microsoft to set up its Data Centre in Hyderabad, Telangana.
- It is the 4th Datacenter in India.
- Existing network of three regions in India across Pune, Mumbai, and Chennai.
- The Data Centre will deliver advanced data security and cloud solutions that will help enterprises, start-ups, developers, education and government institutions.
5. India’s largest floating solar power project:
- Established in Southern Petrochemicals Industries Corporation Limited (SPIC) factory at Thoothukudi in Tamil Nadu.
- It aims to provide environmentally sustainable power generation and to reduce carbon footprint.
6. Freedom of the world 2022 report:
- The report titled: Freedom in the world 2022 – The Global Expansion of Authoritarian Rule.
- Released by Freedom House.
- India ranked ‘Partly free’
- India scored 66 out of 100 in 2022.
7. Iran successfully launched a military satellite, NOOR-2, into orbit at an altitude of 500 kilometres (311 miles) from the earth. Noor means light in the Persian language.
- Pan India programme organised by the Ministry of Culture.
- To celebrate the traditional Indian handicrafts, handlooms and art and culture.
- Launched at Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
9. New President of South Korea:
- Yoon Suk Yeol has been elected.
- He replaced Moon Jae-in who has been serving as the president since 2017.
10. Global centre for traditional medicine:
- Cabinet approved establishment of the WHO Global Centre for traditional medicine in Jamnagar, Gujarat.
- Under the Ministry of AYUSH.
- World Health Organization
- Estb: 7 April 1948
- HQ : Geneva, Switzerland
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH