11th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
11th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Books & Authors:
|1.||‘Bravo Yadav’ (Biography of Kargil Hero Yogendra Yadav)||Deepak Singh|
|2.||‘Fauna of Thattekad Bird Sanctuary’||Zoological Survey of India|
|3.||‘Heartfelt – The Legacy of Faith’||National Institute of Design|
|4.||‘Modi@20: Dreams Meet Delivery’||Dr Bharat Barai|
- Thattekad Bird Sanctuary – Ernakulam District, Kerala
- ‘Heartfelt – The Legacy of Faith’: documents Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s belief in the Sikh Guru and their teachings.
2. India’s Former International Athlete P V Kamaraj Passed away:
- Born in Pudukkottai, Tamil Nadu
- He won several medals in national meets including Gold, silver and bronze in 400 hurdles between 1977 and 1980.
- He was also a trained coach in the National Institute of Sports and coached the Tamilnadu state team for many years.
- 3D virtual space tech park
- Launched by ISRO
- The platform hosts several documents, images, and videos related to ISRO launch vehicles, satellites, and scientific missions.
- SPARK also features the ‘Space on Wheels’ initiative taken by ISRO.
4. Taxpayers – Not eligible for Atal Pension Scheme:
- Income-tax payers enrolled before October 1 will continue in the scheme.
- Atal Pension Scheme – launched on May 09, 2015
- Formerly known as Swavalamban Yojana
- To create a universal social security system for all Indians, especially the poor, the underprivileged and the workers in the unorganised sector.
- It is administered by Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA)
- It is open to the age group of 18 to 40 years.
5. Extension of PMAY–Urban till December 2024:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban
- To provide pucca houses to all eligible beneficiaries in the urban areas of the country.
- Launched in 2015
- Iranian satellite
- Launched by Russia into orbit from Kazakhstan
- It will be used for environmental monitoring and will remain fully under its control.
7. ‘Lucky Bill App’:
- Launched by the Government of Kerala
- To curb GST evasion
- It will increase tax collection as people will be encouraged to ask for bills while purchasing goods and availing services.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH