12th November 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
12th November 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. US Treasury Removes India From Its Currency Monitoring List:
- India along with Italy, Mexico, Thailand and Vietnam were removed from its Currency Monitoring List.
- China, Japan, Korea, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore, and Taiwan are the seven economies that are a part of the current monitoring list.
- China’s failure to publish foreign exchange intervention and broader lack of transparency around key features of its exchange rate mechanism makes it an outlier among major economies and warrants Treasury’s close monitoring, said the report.
- This is a label given by the US government to countries it feels are engaging in “unfair currency practices” by deliberately devaluing their currency against the dollar.
- The practice would mean that the country in question is artificially lowering the value of its currency to gain an unfair advantage over others.
- This is because the devaluation would reduce the cost of exports from that country and artificially show a reduction in trade deficits as a result.
2. India Agribusiness Awards 2022:
- The National Fisheries Development Board, Hyderabad has been awarded.
- It is a vibrant organization under the Department of Fisheries, Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying, Government of India.
- NOTE: Haryana has received the ‘India Agribusiness Awards 2022’ in the best state category for their contribution to the areas of agriculture.
3. ‘Eat Right Station’ Certification – Bhopal:
- The Food Safety and Standard Association of India (FSSAI) awarded Bhopal Railway Station a 4-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing ‘“high-quality, nutritious food to passengers”.
- The certification is part of the ‘Eat Right India’ movement- a large-scale effort by FSSAI to transform the country’s food system to ensure safe, healthy and sustainable food for all Indians.
- Eat Right India adopts a judicious mix of regulatory, capacity-building, collaborative, and empowerment approaches to ensure that our food is suitable both for the people and the planet.
4. World Pneumonia Day:
- Observed on 12th November
- Pneumonia disease, which is the world’s biggest infectious killer of adults and children, responsible for the majority of deaths of children below five around the world.
- Theme 2022 – “Pneumo Light 2022”
5. Nobel laureate Venki Ramakrishnan was awarded UK’s royal Order of Merit:
- Nobel laureate Professor Venki Ramakrishnan has been awarded the prestigious Order of Merit by Britain’s King Charles III in recognition of his distinguished service to science.
- He received the Nobel Prize in Chemistry in 2009 for his work on ribosomal structure and was knighted by the Queen in 2012.
- The Order of Merit is an exclusive mark of honour conferred by the British sovereign.
6. Indian boxer Lovlina Borgohain wins gold at Asian Boxing Championships:
- Indian boxer Lovlina Borgohain won the gold medal at the Asian Boxing Championship in the 75kg category.
- She won the gold medal after beating Uzbekistan’s Ruzmetova Sokhiba.
- The 2022 Asian Boxing Championships are being held in Amman, Jordan.
7. 2nd BIMSTEC Agriculture Ministers Meeting:
- Hosted by INDIA.
- The action plan for strengthening BIMSTEC Agricultural Cooperation (2023-2027) was adopted at the 2nd BIMSTEC Agriculture Ministers Meeting.
- India has made efforts to improve agricultural research and development collaboration by awarding six scholarships for postgraduate and PhD programmes in agriculture.
8. Government plans to launch World’s longest River Cruise:
- The Government of India plans to launch the World’s Longest River Cruise of 4,000 km between VARANASI in Uttar Pradesh and DIBRUGARH in Assam.
- The ANTARA “Ganga Vilas” cruise, which is expected to run on a Public Private Partnership (PPP) model, will cover a distance of 4,000 km during its 50-day journey and also pass through Bangladesh.
9. Psyche Asteroid Mission:
- NASA is set to launch its Psyche Mission, a mission to investigate a previously unexplored metal-rich 16 Psyche asteroid orbiting the Sun between the orbits of Mars and Jupiter in 2023.
- 16 Psyche asteroid, the “Golden Asteroid”, is made up of gold, nickel and iron deposits and is worth nearly USD 10,000 quadrillion.
10. Book & Author:
- “Subodh” – the 1st edition of National Mineral Development Corporation (NMDC) Vigilance Magazine.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Video Class 2023 – https://bit.ly/mainsvideoclass
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH