15th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
15th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. IIT Guwahati and NTPC:
- IIT Guwahati, Assam has partnered with NTPC Limited to design and develop a high energy-efficient plant to capture CO2 from plants.
2. Shinkansen Series Trains:
- Japan has sent its improved high-speed E5 Shinkansen series trains to India.
- These trains will be suitable for Indian weather conditions.
- These trains are built by Hitachi and Kawasaki heavy industries.
- Running at a speed of 320kmph. It has anti-seismic technology.
3. World Art Day:
- Observed on April 15
- To honour and mark the birthday of the greatest artist of all time, Leonardo da Vinci.
4. Book Released:
- Book – The Boy who wrote a constitution
- Author – Rajesh Talwar
5. Malcolm Adiseshiah Award:
- Economist Prabhat Patnaik has won the award.
- The award is annually given by the Malcolm and Elizabeth Adiseshiah Trust to an outstanding social scientist for Distinguished Contributions to Development Studies.
6. India-France Joint Staff talks:
- 20th edition
- Took place in Paris.
- To improve defence cooperation between the two countries through frequent talks at the operational and strategic levels.
7. The 16-year-old Chess sensation R Praggnanandhaa from India has won the prestigious Reykjavik Open Chess tournament in Reykjavik, Iceland.
8. Bohag Bihu or Rongali Bihu festival:
- One of the biggest festivals celebrated in the state of
- It marks the beginning of the harvest period.
9. Himachal Pradesh Statehood Day:
- 15th of April
- In 1948 it was formed as a Union Territory.
- In 1971, it became the 18th state of India with Shimla as its capital.
- Himachal means Snow laden region.
10. 1st Khelo India National Ranking Women Archery will be held in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.
11. Equality Day – April 14
- The Tamil Nadu government has announced that the birthday of Dr Ambedkar will be celebrated as Equality Day.
- Ambedkar’s birthday falls on April 14.
12. Megalithic Stone Jars:
- Recently discovered in the Dima Hasao district of
- It has highlighted the possible links that date back to 2nd B.C, between Southeast Asia and the Northeast region of India.
- Indonesia and Laos are the only two other sites where such similar jars have been discovered.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH