14th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
14th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. International Gandhi Award for Leprosy:
- Received by Bhushan Kumar from Chandigarh and Sahyog Kushtha Yagna Trust, Gujarat.
- World Leprosy day is observed on 30th January
- Leprosy day theme 2022 – United for Dignity.
2. Cabinet approves the signing of a Mou between India and Japan in the area of Decentralized Domestic Wastewater management.
3. Iqbal Singh Lalpura has assumed charge as Chairperson of the National Commission for Minorities(NCM).
- Estb: May 1993
- Under the National Commission for Minorities Act, 1992.
- Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Zoroastrians(Parsis) and Jains are minorities in India.
- Composition – Chairperson, Vice-Chairperson and 5 Members to be nominated by the central government from amongst the minorities communities including the chairperson.
4. India – UN Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) 2023-2027:
- Niti Aayog and UN
5. India’s 1st Community Museum was inaugurated in Gya-Sasoma villages, Leh, Ladakh.
6. Falguni Nayar of Nykaa won the EY Entrepreneur of the year award in 2021 India.
7. Mian Mohammed Shahbaz Sharif was elected as Pakistan’s 23rd Prime Minister, replacing Imran Khan.
8. Australia’s Victoria State to host the 2026 Commonwealth Games.
9. Uttarakhand’s “Him Prahari” scheme:
- For Ex-servicemen and Youngsters
- It aims at stopping the migration of people from Uttarakhand and will focus on areas where migration occurs at a rapid phase so that people stay put, and not move out.
10. SVANidhi se Samriddhi launched in Additional 126 Cities across 14 states/UTs:
- Launched in 2021
- An additional program of Prime Minister Street Vendors AtmaNirbhar Nidhi (PM SVANidhi) which has been implemented since 1st June 2020 by MoHUA to provide an affordable working capital loan to street vendors.
- SVANidhi se Samriddhi started to provide social security benefits.
11. World Chagas Disease Day:
- Observed on April 14
- Theme 2022: Finding and reporting every case to defeat Chagas disease.
- Also called American trypanosomiasis, silent disease or silenced disease.
12. Book Released:
- Book – Hear Yourself: How to find peace in a noisy world
- Author – Prem Rawat
13. Indian duo Dipika Pallikal Karthik and Saurav Ghosal won the mixed doubles title at the 2022 WSF World Doubles Squash championship in Glasgow, Scotland.
- This is the first gold medal for India at the WSF World Doubles Squash championship.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE