17th & 18th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
17th & 18th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Waterways Conclave 2022:
- Held at Dibrugarh, Assam.
- Shri Sarbananda Sonowal, the Union Minister of Ports, Shipping and Waterways and AYUSH inaugurated the conclave.
- The conclave aims to increase cooperation with neighbouring countries in the waterways sector.
2. Exercise KRIPAN SHAKTHI:
- It is an integrated firepower exercise
- Conducted by the Indian Army’s Trisakthi Corps at the Teesta Field Firing Ranges, near Siliguri, West Bengal.
- It is a Ukraine homemade anti-ship cruise missile.
- Capable of destroying targets within a range of 300km.
4. e-DAR portal:
- Digitised Detailed Accident Report
- Launched by the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways.
- To speed up the accident compensation claims.
- The portal provides information on road accidents instantaneously, helping easier claims under insurance.
5. Green Hydrogen Project:
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) under the Ministry of Power signed an MoU with the Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh for the development of green hydrogen technologies to produce hydrogen.
- About 20kg of Hydrogen per day would be generated through the electrolysis process and would be stored in the pressurized form.
- Estb: 1975
- Head: Abhay Kumar Singh
- HQ – Faridabad, Haryana
6. World Heritage Day:
- Also known as International Day for Monuments and Sites.
- Observed on April 18
- Theme 2022 – Heritage and Climate.
7. World Haemophilia Day:
- Observed on April 17
- Theme 2022: ‘Access for All: Partnership. Policy. Progress. Engaging your government, integrating inherited bleeding disorders into national policy.’
8. “Radio Aksh”:
- India’s 1st internet radio for Visually Challenged People.
- Launched in Nagpur, Maharashtra.
- It will help the visually-impaired gain seamless access to education resources and audiobooks.
9. Atomic energy Commission Chairman K.N. Vyas gets a one-year extension:
About Atomic energy Commission:
- Estb : 3 August 1948
- HQ : Mumbai
- Under the Department of Atomic Energy.
10. All India Radio launches a weekly interactive programme ‘Abhyaas’ for competitive exams.
11. Government amends FEMA rules to allow 20% foreign direct investment in LIC:
- Foreign Exchange Management Act, 1999
12. New Chief of Army Staff:
- The Union Government has appointed Lt Gen Manoj C Pande, Presently Vice Chief of the Army Staff, as the next Chief of the Army Staff.
13. ‘Ishan Manthan’:
- It is a 3-day programme that will celebrate the rich ethnicity and colours of North East India.
14. Free Electricity for Households:
- The newly elected Punjab government announced 300 Units of free electricity per month to every household in the state.
15. India – New Wheat Supplier to Egypt:
- India – 2nd largest wheat producer in the world.
- The major wheat growing states are Punjab, U.P, and Madhya Pradesh.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH