19th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
19th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. 4th Year Anniversary of Ayushman Bharat Health and Wellness Centre Scheme:
- Launched in 2018 by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- To achieve Universal Health coverage under the National Health Policy 2017.
2. Poverty in India declined by 12.3 percentage points – World Bank Report:
- Extreme poverty in India declined by 12.3 percentage points between 2011-2019.
- The extreme poverty count fell from 22.5% in 2011 to 10.2% in 2019.
About World Bank:
- Estb: July 1944
- HQ: Washington, D.C
- Head: David Malpass
- Members: 189
3. Resilience and Sustainability Trust:
- Created by IMF
- To guide low income and middle-income countries in addressing longer-term structural concerns that pose macroeconomic risks, including climate change and pandemics.
- International Monetary Fund
- Estb: 1944
- HQ: Washington, D.C, USA
- Head – Kristalina Georgieva
- SDR Currencies – the US dollar, Euro, the Chinese Yuan, Japanese Yen and the British Pound.
4. “Zhongxing – 6D”: Communication Satellite launched by China.
5. World Liver Day:
- Observed on April 19
- Liver ailments amount to the 10th most common reason for death in India, as reported by the World Health Organisation (WHO).
6. Tropical Storm “Megi”:
- Occurred in the
- Also known as Tropical Storm “Agaton”
- Tropical storms have become more intense and powerful as a result of human-caused climate change, according to scientists.
7. Virtual Network Centre on Quantum Computing:
- India and Finland will establish an Indo-Finnish Virtual Network Centre on Quantum Computing.
- The Indian side has identified three premier institutes, IIT-Madras, IISER-Pune and C-DAC-Pune, for the Virtual Network Centre on Quantum Computing.
8. “Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Package: Insurance Scheme for Health Workers fighting COVID – 19” – extended for 180 days:
- Launched on 30th March 2020
- To provide comprehensive personal accident cover of Rs. 50 Lakh to 22.12 lakh health care workers.
9. Plasma-based green disinfectants can limit the spread of infectious diseases like COVID 19:
- With the help of Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (CAP) which could act as a green decontaminant for COVID 19.
- Plasma, the fourth state of matter which makes up most of the universe when produced in controlled conditions in the lab and is termed Cold Atmospheric Pressure Plasma (CAP).
- The cold atmospheric plasma is environmentally safe since, during the entire decontamination process by plasma treatment, no chemical waste is produced.
- The RT-PCR analysis has also established that CAP can deactivate the RNA of the SARS-CoV-2 virus.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE