17th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
17th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. 1st Indo Pacific Economic Framework (IPEF) Ministerial Meeting:
- Held in Los Angeles, USA.
- Attended by Piyush Goyal, the Union Minister of Commerce & Industry.
- India is one of the members of IPEF
- It envisages strengthening economic partnership among participating countries with the objective of enhancing resilience, sustainability, inclusiveness, economic growth, fairness and competitiveness in the region.
- According to a recent report, the US surpassed China to become India’s top trading partner in 2021-22.
2. Global Crypto Adoption Index 2022 – India ranks 4th:
- Vietnam is ranked first in the index for the 2nd consecutive year.
3. Vanessa Nakate – Goodwill Ambassador of UNICEF:
- UNICEF appointed Vanessa Nakate, a climate activist from Uganda as the Goodwill ambassador of UNICEF.
- UNICEF – United Nations Children’s Fund
4. India To Be Home to Cheetahs After 70 Years:
- Eight African cheetahs are all set to move from Namibia into their new habitat at the Kuno National Park in Madhya Pradesh.
- The last cheetah in India died in 1947 in the Korea district in present-day Chhattisgarh, which was an earlier part of Madhya Pradesh, and the species was declared extinct from India in 1952.
- The ‘African Cheetah Introduction Project in India‘ was conceived in 2009, with a plan to introduce the big cat by November last year in Kuno National Park, but it suffered a setback due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
5. World Patient Safety Day:
- Observed on 17th September.
- Theme 2022 – “Medication Safety”
6. SCO Summit 2022:
- The summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) was concluded at Samarkand in Uzbekistan which was the first in-person event after post- Covid.
- India stated that Better regional connectivity is only possible if members grant each other “full transit rights”, referring to the refusal by Pakistan to give India transit trade access by land to Afghanistan and Central Asia.
- India will assume the chair of the SCO and will host the summit in mid-2023.
- The SCO summit declaration ended with an expansion of the group of eight countries — four Central Asian states, China, Russia, India and Pakistan — by inducting Iran as a full member.
- In terms of geographic scope and population, it is the world’s largest regional organization, covering approximately 60% of the area of Eurasia, 40% of the world population, and contributing more than 30% of the global GDP.
- Formation: June 15, 2001
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- SCO General: Zhang Ming
- An Eight member economic and security alliance comprising China, Russia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India and Pakistan.
- India and Pakistan joined SCO on June 9, 2017.
- Iran – 9th member of SCO.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH