18th & 19th February 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
18th & 19th February 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Nepal to become the first country to deploy India’s UPI (Unified Payments Interface) platform for the digitalisation of cash transactions.
2. The first meeting of G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors under the G20 Presidency of Indonesia was held.
3. India’s first water taxi service:
- Flagged off in Mumbai, Maharashtra
- The service promises a comfortable, stress-free journey, is time-saving and promotes eco-friendly transport.
4. Ministry of Power notifies Green Hydrogen / Green Ammonia Policy:
- It is implemented along the lines of the National Hydrogen Mission.
- This will reduce dependence on fossil fuels and also reduce crude oil imports.
About National Hydrogen Mission:
- Launched on 15th August 2021.
- It aims to aid the government in meeting its climate targets and making India a green hydrogen hub.
- It will help in meeting the target of production of 5 million tonnes of Green Hydrogen by 2030.
5. The government has reduced the Agri cess on crude Palm oil from 7.5% to 5%.
6. Book Released:
- Book Name – A history of Sriniketan: Rabindranath Tagore’s Pioneering Work in Rural Construction.
- Author: Uma Das Gupta.
7. Capacity Development Scheme:
- Extends till March 2026.
- Comes under the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation.
- The objective of the scheme is to augment infrastructural, technical and manpower resources for enabling the availability of credible and timely official statistics.
8. Phase II of Interoperable Criminal Justice System(ICJS):
- Central Sector scheme under the Ministry of Home Affairs.
- Phase II works with the principle of One Data One Entry.
- The ICJS system will be available through a dedicated and secure cloud-based infrastructure with high-speed connectivity.
- It is a step towards effective and modern policing.
9. World Pangolin Day:
- Observed on 19th February
- To raise awareness about these unique mammals and speed up the conservation efforts.
10. 4th India – Australia Energy Dialogue:
- Both the countries signed a letter of intent for working towards reducing the cost of new and renewable energy technologies and scaling up their deployment to reduce global emissions.
- Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreement.
- It is a free trade agreement between two countries.
- Recently India and UAE signed a historic trade pact that covers goods, services and digital trade that will allow 90% of the country’s exports duty-free access to the Emirates.
12. Extension of INSACOG Network:
- It is a network of laboratories for genomic sequencing and surveillance.
- Recently India announced to extend its SARS – COV – 2 Genomic Consortium Network to neighbouring countries, to fight against COVID 19.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE