18th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
18th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. NSO report – Andhra Pradesh top performer in Agriculture:
- According to a report released by the National Statistical Office (NSO) under the Ministry of Statistics & Programme Implementation, ANDHRA PRADESH emerged as the TOP PERFORMER IN AGRICULTURE & ALLIED GROSS VALUE OUTPUT (GVO).
- Top 5 States – Andhra Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Telangana, Chhattisgarh and TAMIL NADU are the top five states with higher GVO.
- Kerala, Delhi and Dadra & Nagar Haveli were the only regions where output value fell over the nine-year review period.
2. Highest Child Marriage – JHARKHAND:
- Recently a demographic survey was conducted by the Union Home Ministry.
- As per the data, Jharkhand has the highest percentage of underage girls getting married.
- In Jharkhand, the percentage of girls getting married before turning 18 is as high as 5.8 per cent.
3. Inter-Parliamentary Union:
- The 145th Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly is held in KIGALI, RWANDA.
- Lok Sabha member from Odisha, Aparajitha Sarangi has been elected as a member of the executive committee of the union.
- This will be the first time in 20 years that India will have a representative on the international committee.
4. Fifth Assembly of International Solar Alliance:
- Held in New Delhi.
- ISA is an action-oriented, member-driven, collaborative platform for increased deployment of solar energy technologies as a means for bringing energy access, ensuring energy security, and driving energy transition in its member countries.
- The ISA was conceived as a joint effort by INDIA AND FRANCE to mobilize efforts against climate change through the deployment of solar energy solutions.
- It was conceptualized on 30th November 2015, at the 21st session of the United Nations Climate Change Conference of the Parties (COP-21) in Paris, France.
- At present, 110 countries are signatories to the ISA Framework Agreement, of which 90 countries have ratified the Agreement to become full members.
5. Booker Prize 2022:
- Won by Sri Lankan Author SHEHAN KARUNATILAKA
- For his novel titled “The Seven Moons of Maali Almeida”
- India’s first International Booker Prize winner is GEETANJALI SHREE for her novel ‘Red Samadhi’ or ‘Tombs of Sand in 2022.
Indian Booker Prize winners:
- V S Naipaul – In a Free State (1971)
- Salman Rushdie – Midnight’s Children (1981)
- Aravind Adiga – The White Tiger (2008)
- Kiran Desai – The Inheritance of Loss (2006)
- Arundhati Roy – The God of Small Things (1997)
6. Cabinet Increases MSP for Rabi Crops:
- From 2% to 9% for six mandated rabi crops for this season.
- Minimum Support Price (MSP) is a form of market intervention by the Government of India to insure agricultural producers against any sharp fall in farm prices.
- The minimum support prices are announced at the beginning of the sowing season for certain crops on the basis of the recommendations of the Commission for Agricultural Costs and Prices (CACP).
- MSP is announced for 22 mandated crops (14 crops of the Kharif season, 6 rabi crops and two other commercial crops) and fair and remunerative price (FRP) for sugarcane.
The list of crops is as follows.
- Cereals (7) – paddy, wheat, barley, jowar, bajra, maize and ragi
- Pulses (5) – gram, arhar/tur, moong, urad and lentil
- Oilseeds (8) – groundnut, rapeseed/mustard, toria, soyabean, sunflower seed, sesamum, safflower seed and niger seed
- Raw cotton
- Raw jute
- De-husked coconut
- Sugarcane (Fair and remunerative price)
- Virginia flu-cured (VFC) tobacco.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE