17th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
17th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. International Day for the Eradication of Poverty:
- Observed on 17th October.
- Theme 2022 – “Dignity for all in Practice”
2. India Lifted 415 Million out of Poverty in 15 Years: UN
- The number of people living below the poverty line in India decreased by 415 million between 2005-06 and 2019-21, according to a new Multidimensional Poverty Index (MPI) released jointly by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and the Oxford Poverty and Human Development Initiative (OPHI) at the University of Oxford.
- The index has stated that India still has the world’s highest number of poor at 228.9 million, followed by Nigeria (96.7 million projected in 2020).
- The report found that across 111 countries which were assessed using the most recent comparable data available, 1.2 billion people (19.1 per cent) live in acute poverty and almost half of these people (593 million) are children under the age of 18 years.
3. 90th General Assembly of INTERPOL:
- It is going to be held in INDIA.
- The assembly will have the world’s largest police body with 195 members.
- The General Assembly is the International policing organization’s top governing body and meets once a year to take important decisions.
- The General Assembly is taking place in India after 25 years.
- The last General Assembly held in India was in the year 1997.
- INTERPOL H.Q – Lyon, France.
4. India’s First Aluminium Freight Rake at Bhubaneswar Railway Station:
- Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw inaugurated India’s first aluminium freight rake — 61 BOBRN HSM1 — at Bhubaneswar Railway Station, ODISHA.
- As per reports, the aluminium freight rake wields the capacity to carry 180-ton more goods than the traditional rake.
- Moreover, it is 180 tons lighter than the traditional steel rake.
5. 1st SemiconIndia FutureDesign roadshow – GUJARAT:
- The roadshow has been launched as part of the efforts to give a boost to the semiconductor design industry in India.
6. ‘Indian Urban Housing Conclave’ – Gujarat:
- Held in RAJKOT, GUJARAT.
- It is being organized by the Union Housing and Urban Affairs Ministry.
- Aim: to showcase best practices adopted by states and UTs in the successful implementation of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban (PMAY-U) along with the achievements of other urban missions.
7. One Nation, One Fertilizer Scheme launched:
- The Centre will unify fertilizer brands across the country, regardless of the company that manufactures the fertiliser.
- Under this scheme, the government is mandating fertilizer producers to promote their products under the single brand name ‘Bharat’.
- Under the new ‘One Nation One Fertilizer’ initiative, the companies are only permitted to advertise their name, brand, logo, and other pertinent product information on one-third of their bags.
- The “Bharat” brand and the ‘Pradhanmantri Bharatiya Jan Urvarak Pariyojana’ logos will have to be displayed on the remaining two-thirds of the space.
Moreover, for all fertilizer companies, State Trading Entities (STEs), and Fertilizer Marketing Entities (FMEs), the one brand name for UREA, Di-Ammonium Phosphate (DAP), Muriate of Potash (MOP), and Nitrogen Phosphorus Potassium (NPK), etc. would be BHARAT UREA, BHARAT DAP, BHARAT MOP, and BHARAT NPK, etc (FMEs), the new order mandates.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE