19th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
19th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Telangana – 1st state to implement crop diversification Index:
- All the areas under the different crops, which include food, non-food and cash crops as well as the areas under floriculture practices, have been considered to calculate the index.
2. Periodic Labour Force Survey:
- Released by the National Statistical Office.
- According to the survey, India’s urban unemployment rate (persons of age 15 years and above) has jumped to 12.6%.
- Rajasthan stands 1st in the unemployment rate with the per cent of 32.3%
3. Dol Utsav or Dol Jatra:
- Celebrated by the people of West Bengal.
- Marking the onset of the spring season.
4. Artemis -1 Moon Mission:
- NASA rolled out the integrated space launch system (SLS) rocket and Orion Spacecraft of Artemis 1, the first mission of NASA’s Artemis program.
5. TN State Budget:
Tamilnadu Agri Budget:
6. China’s Laser Weapon:
- Developed a microwave machine Relativistic Klystron Amplifier that could jam or destroy satellites in space.
7. Brain research centre:
- Set up by IIT Madras.
- It will be called a Computational and Experimental platform for high-resolution Tera Pixel imaging of Ex-vivo Human brain cells.
- It will contribute to future brain-related research projects.
8. World’s happiest nation:
- Finland tops the list.
- India – 136 out of 149
- According to the World Happiness Report, released by Sustainable Development Solutions Network.
- The report ranked Afghanistan as the unhappiest nation closely followed by Lebanon.
9. Operation Noble Defender:
- Air defence exercise between USA and Canada.
10. The surge in Wheat Export:
- Huge surge of 387% ($549.67mn) to $1742million.
- India is the second-largest producer of wheat.
- Major wheat-growing states are Uttar Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana.
11. NMDC signs MoU with IIT Kharagpur for Drone-based Mineral Exploration:
- National Mineral Development Corporation, the country’s largest iron ore producer.
- NMDC is the first to use online monitoring of exploration of data on the BHuVAN platform.
12. GD Birla Award:
- Professor Narayan Pradhan has been selected for the award for scientific research.
- He has been selected for his outstanding contribution to the field of Material sciences.
13. EU Carbon Border Tariff:
- Tariff on imports of polluting goods.
- To protect the European industry from countries that made cheaper goods with weak environmental rules.
14. Jhulan Goswami:
- Becomes the highest wicket-taker in Women’s ODIs by claiming 250 wickets.
- She has achieved the historic feat with the wicket of Tammy Beaumont(England) in the ICC Women’s World Cup 2022.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE