Courage from 7th English
- Courage from 7th English is provided here.
- By Edgar Albert Guest
Courage isn’t a brilliant dash,
A daring deed in a moment’s flash;
It isn’t an instantaneous thing
Born of despair with a sudden spring
It isn’t a creature of flickered hope
Or the final tug at a slipping rope;
But it’s something deep in the soul of man
That is working always to serve some plan.
Courage isn’t the last resort
In the work of life or the game of sport;
It isn’t a thing that a man can call
At some future time when he’s apt to fall;
If he hasn’t it now, he will have it not
When the strain is great and the pace is hot.
For who would strive for a distant goal
Must always have courage within his soul.
Courage isn’t a dazzling light
That flashes and passes away from sight;
It’s a slow, unwavering, ingrained trait
With the patience to work and the strength to wait.
It’s part of a man when his skies are blue,
It’s part of him when he has work to do.
The brave man never is freed of it.
He has it when there is no need of it.
Courage was never designed for show;
It isn’t a thing that can come and go;
It’s written in victory and defeat
And every trial a man may meet.
It’s part of his hours, his days and his years,
Back of his smiles and behind his tears.
Courage is more than a daring deed:
It’s the breath of life and a strong man’s creed.
About the Poet
- Edgar Albert Guest (1881–1959) was a prolific England-born American poet who was popular in the first half of the 20th century and became known as the People’s Poet.
- His poems often had an inspirational and optimistic view of everyday life.
In this video, you will get a Complete Explanation, Figure of Speech and Appreciation Questions.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
- TNPSC General English Synonyms PDF
- TNPSC General English Where to Study PDF
- Life Poem from 10th English
- I am Every Woman Poem from 10th English
- The Secret of the Machines from 10th English
- The Ant and the Cricket from 10th English
- No Men are Foreign from 10th English
- The House on Elm Street from 10th English
- TNPSC Prefix and Suffix Study Material pdf
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening from 9th English
- A Poison Tree from 9th English
- On Killing a Tree from 9th English
- The Spider and the Fly from 9th English
- The River Poem from 9th English
- The Comet Poem from 9th English
- The Stick-together Families from 9th English
- Special Hero from 8th English
- Making Life Worth While from 8th English
- A Thing of Beauty from 8th English
- Lessons in Life from 8th English
- My Computer Needs A Break from 8th English
- Sea Fever from 7th English