1st April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
1st April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Uttar Pradesh(29.58MT) – Top Vegetable Producer in 2021-22:
- Followed by West Bengal(28.23MT) and Madhya Pradesh(20.59MT).
- Andhra Pradesh – Top Fruit Producer(18.01MT) followed by Maharashtra(12.30MT) and Uttar Pradesh (11.26MT).
- MIDH Scheme: Mission for Integrated Development of Horticulture scheme.
- It is a centrally sponsored scheme implemented by the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare from 2014-15.
- Objective: To have holistic growth of the horticulture sector covering fruits, vegetables, root and tuber crops, mushrooms, spices, flowers, aromatic plants, coconut, cashew and cocoa.
2. Cabinet Approval:
- The Union Cabinet has approved $808 million for a new World Bank assisted scheme ‘Raising and Accelerating MSME Performance (RAMP)’.
- RAMP – it was formulated along the lines of the recommendations made by the Upendra Kumar Sinha Committee, K V Kamath Committee.
- Objective: Strengthening institutions and governance of the MSME programme, and support to market access, firm capabilities and access to finance.
3. UNFPA report:
- The report titled: “State of World Population 2022: Seeing the Unseen”
- The report states that nearly half of all pregnancies are Unintended annually.
- The report examines how unintended pregnancies represent a global failure to uphold basic human rights.
- The report states that more than 60% of unintended pregnancies end in abortion.
- Around 45% of all abortions are unsafe which accounts for 5 to 13% of all maternal deaths recorded.
- Only around 57% of women are able to make their own decisions regarding their sexual and reproductive rights.
- About UNFPA:
- United Nations Population Fund formerly known as the United Nations Fund for Population.
- HQ: New York, USA.
- Executive director: Natalia Kanem
4. Book Released:
- Book: The Tiger of Drass, Capt. Anuj Nayyar,23, Kargil Hero.
- Author: Meena Nayyar and Himmat Singh Shekhawat.
5. Utkal (Odisha) Day:
- Observed on 1st April.
- It is celebrated in memory of the formation of the state as a separate state out of Bihar and Orissa Province on 1 April 1936.
- Under British rule, Odisha was part of the Bengal presidency, which consisted of the present-day Bihar, West Bengal, and Odisha.
6. “FASTER” Software:
- ‘Fast and Secured Transmission of Electronic Records’.
- Launched by the CJI N.V. Ramana to transmit court orders swiftly.
- The platform would be used by the court officials to instantly send e-copies of the orders through a secured electronic communication channel to the intended parties.
7. Loans for Prisoners:
- Launched by the Government of Maharashtra.
- It allows prisoners to obtain personal loans from banks of up to Rs. 50,000 to help their families improve their living conditions and meet expenses related to their legal matters.
- This type of loan is called a “Khavti” loan.
- It will be a first of its kind initiative in our country.
8. S. Raju takes over as Director-General of Geological Survey of India:
- Estb: 1851
- HQ: Kolkata, West Bengal.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE