2nd April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
2nd April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Minamata Convention on Mercury: Indonesia seeks to support:
- The UN and Indonesia seek support and commitment from parties to the Minamata convention for a Bali Declaration on combating Global Illegal Trade for Mercury.
- The Minamata Convention on Mercury is a multilateral environmental agreement that addresses specific human activities which are contributing to widespread mercury pollution.
- The convention was signed in 2013 and came into effect in 2017.
- India is a signatory to the convention and also ratified it.
2. Book Released:
- Book: “Crunch Time: Narendra Modi’s National Security Crises”.
- Author – Sreeram Chaulia
3. FIDE Chess Olympiad:
- International Chess Federation (FIDE) President Arkady Dvorkovich officially handed over the hosting rights to India for the organization of the FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022.
- In 2022, India secured the bid to host FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022 in
- The FIDE Chess Olympiad 2022 will take place from July 28, 2022, to August 14, 2022, in Chennai.
- FIDE : Estb – 1924; H.Q – Lausanne, Switzerland.
4. 1st Indian NGO to launch Blockchain:
- SankalpTaru Foundation has become the First Indian NGO in Environmental Conservation Space to Launch Blockchain.
- It is one of the largest Indian non-profits working on tree plantation activities.
5. HDFC Bank has been adjudged the Best Performing Bank in SHG Linkage by the National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM):
- NRLM – Under the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Launched in 2011.
- The basic idea behind this program is to organize the poor into SHG (Self Help Groups) groups and make them capable of self-employment.
6. World Autism Awareness Day:
- Observed on April 2.
- Theme 2022: “Inclusive Quality Education for All”.
7. Vice Admiral Sanjay Mahindru assumed charge as Deputy Chief of Naval Staff.
8. Vice Admiral Ajay Kochhar is the new National Defence Academy (NDA) Commandant.
- Estb: 7 December 1954
- Location: Khadakwasla, Pune, Maharashtra.
9. India – Australia signs Economic Cooperation and Trade Agreement (ECTA):
- ECTA provides an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between the two countries.
10. TN Two ministers’ Portfolio Changed:
- Transport, Nationalised Transport and Motor Vehicles Act” dealt with by Raja Kannappan had been allocated to S S Sivasankar.
- “Backward Classes Welfare, Most Backward Classes Welfare, and Denotified Communities Welfare” dealt with by Sivasankar have been allocated to Raja Kannappan.
11. Sahitya Akademi Fellowship:
- Writer Indira Parthasarathy has been conferred the fellowship by Sahitya Akademi.
- He is a Padma Shri Awardee.
- He won the Sahitya Akademi award in 1977 for his novel
- Sahitya Akademi – Estb. on 12th March 1954.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH