1st September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
1st September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. National Nutrition Week:
- Observed from September 1 – 7
- The purpose of this week is to raise awareness among the general public about the value of healthy eating practices and proper nutrition for upholding a healthy lifestyle.
- Theme 2022: “World of Flavours”
- As per the Global Hunger Index Report 2021, India ranks 101 among 116 countries.
- Cyber Security Exercise
- Conducted by Indian Computer Emergency Response Team (CERT-In)
- The Exercise Theme was “Building Network Resiliency to Counter Ransomware Attacks”.
3. World Health Summit for Pride of Homoeopathy:
- Held in Dubai.
- Aim: to promote a homoeopathic system of medicine, drugs, and practices.
- The theme of the summit is “Diseases caused by climate change and global warming”.
4. Clear Skies for Tomorrow:
- It is a sustainable effort led by the World Economic Forum (WEF)
- It aims to support aviation’s overall net-zero pathway by 2050.
- IndiGo, the largest airline in the nation, has joined this initiative as a signatory.
5. 64th Ramon Magsaysay Award Winners:
- “Sotheara Chhim”, Psychiatrist (Cambodia) who helped fellow Cambodians recover from trauma resulting from the Khmer Rouge’s genocidal rule
- “Tadashi Hattori”, Ophthalmologist (Japan), who led an effort to treat thousands of Vietnamese villagers.
- “Bernadette Madrid”, Paediatrician (Philippines), a Filipina paediatrician who has provided medical, legal and social help to thousands of abused children and their families.
- “Gary Bencheghib”, Activist & Filmmaker (Indonesia), a Frenchman who battles plastic pollution in Indonesian rivers. He was honoured for Emergent Leadership.
- Ramon Magsaysay Awards are named after a Philippine president, Ramon Magsaysay who died in a 1957 plane crash.
- The Ramon Magsaysay Award is Asia’s version of the Nobel Prize.
- First Awarded in the Year 1958.
6. Mikhail Gorbachev – Passed away:
- The last soviet leader died in Moscow at the age of 91
- He reduced hostilities between the west and the erstwhile Soviet Union (USSR) and brought an end to the Cold War as the leader.
- In 1990 he was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize.
7. G20 Environmental Ministers’ Meet:
- Held in Bali, Indonesia.
- For talks on climate action and the global impact of the war in Ukraine.
- Union Environment Minister Bhupender Yadav said India is showing intent as a problem solver despite not being a traditional contributor to global emissions.
- India is totally committed to driving its low-carbon industry transitions through a multi-pronged approach that cuts across sectors and issues.
- India’s “National Green Hydrogen Mission” promises to be a game-changer for reducing emissions from hard-to-abate sectors.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE