2nd September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
2nd September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Nua Khai Festival:
- It is an Agrarian Festival
- Celebrated in Odisha
- The word ‘Nua’ means ‘New’ and ‘Khai’ means ‘food’, the name itself depicts the celebration of a crop festival.
2. World Coconut Day:
- Observed on September 2
- Theme 2022 – “Growing Coconut for a Better Future and Life”
- The coconut palm is often called the ‘tree of life’ owing to its versatile use in food, fuel, medicine, cosmetics, building materials, and various other uses.
3. INS Vikrant:
- India’s first homegrown aircraft carrier
- Commissioned to the Indian Navy at the Cochin Shipyard by PM Modi.
- The largest warship weighing 45,000 tonnes has finished a year of sea trials.
- The new naval emblem was also revealed by PM Modi.
- At present, India has only one aircraft carrier, INS Vikramaditya.
- After the commissioning of the Vikrant, India will have Two Operational aircraft carriers – INS Vikramaditya (of Russian origin) and the Indigenously designed and built INS Vikrant.
4. Millet Conclave 2022:
- Held at Raichur, Karnataka
- The theme of the conclave: “Making Many Millet Magnets – Making Many Millet Entrepreneurs”
- It was a curtain raiser for the International Year of Millets in 2023.
- International Millet Fair will be held in Bengaluru in January 2023.
- India – 5th largest country in the world in terms of Export of Millets.
5. Smart Solutions and Inclusive Cities Awards 2022:
- The “Belagavi” Smart City system has been awarded.
- It is for those with disabilities to access education and healthcare.
- It is the initiative of the National Institute of Urban Affairs and the United Nations in India for addressing the city-level challenges of accessibility and the inclusion of persons with disabilities, women, girls and senior citizens.
- Belagavi also known as “Venugrama” or the “Bamboo Village” is a city in Karnataka.
- About Smart Cities Mission:
- Centrally Sponsored Scheme
- Launched on June 25, 2015, to transform 100 cities across India into Smart cities.
- In Tamil Nadu, 11 cities have been selected to be developed as Smart cities which are Chennai, Coimbatore, Tiruchirapalli, Tirunelveli, Erode, Thanjavur, Tiruppur, Vellore, Salem, Madurai and Thoothukudi.
6. Birth Anniversary of Puli Thevan:
- 307th Birth Anniversary
- Born – on 1st September 1715
- He was a Tamil Palayakkarar who ruled Nerkattumseval.
- Ondiveeran and Venni Kaladi were generals in his army.
- His 3 major forts – Nerkattumseval, Vasudevanallur and Panayur.
- He was defeated by Captain Campbell in 1767.
- He escaped and died in exile.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH