20th October 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
20th October 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. World Statistics Day:
- Observed on 20th October
- Theme 2022 – “Data for Sustainable Development”
2. World Osteoporosis Day:
- Observed on 20th October
- Osteoporosis is a condition in which bones become weak and brittle.
- Theme 2022 – “Step Up for Bone Health”
3. WEF Report: Drones can contribute to $100bn GDP Increase:
- A recent report titled, “Using Technology to Improve a Billion Livelihoods” was released by World Economic Forum.
- The report said that deploying drones at the forefront of a technology-led transformation of Indian agriculture can enhance GDP by 1% – 1.5%.
- A “green microcosm” where an integrated drone-centric rural hub is set up and stabilised over crop cycles is needed to support the mainstreaming of drones in the agricultural sector.
4. Global Status of Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems – TARGET G:
- This was jointly released by the United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction and the World Meteorological Organization.
- TARGET G OF THE SENDAI FRAMEWORK seeks to increase the availability of and access to Multi-Hazard Early Warning Systems (MHEWS) and disaster risk information and assessment by the year 2030.
- 50 per cent of the countries in the world do not have early warning systems to prepare against natural disasters.
- Less than half of the Least Developing Countries (LDC) and only 33 per cent of Small Island Developing Countries have MHEWS.
- The number of deaths in countries with limited early warning coverage is eight times higher than in countries with substantial to comprehensive coverage.
5. TN State Finance Audit Report of the CAG:
- According to the report, the Agriculture sector’s contribution to Tamil Nadu’s overall growth had increased, while industries and services sector growth had come down during the five-year period from 2016-17 to 2020-21.
- The State’s growth rate of GSDP in 2020-21 at current prices was 5.87% as against India’s growth rate of negative 2.97%.
- There was a drastic decline in the rate of growth in all three sectors during 2020-21.
- According to the report, Tamil Nadu’s revenue deficit increased to ₹62,326 crores (3.28% of GSDP) in 2020-21 from ₹12,964 crores in 2016-17.
- The fiscal deficit increased to 56.17% to ₹93,983 crores in 2020-21 from 2019-20.
- Articles 148 – 151 of the Constitution of India deal with the institution of the Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) of India.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE