21st April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
21st April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. World Creativity and Innovation Day:
- Observed on April 21
- Theme 2022: “Collaboration”
- The main idea is to push creative multidisciplinary thinking among different countries at both the individual and group level.
2. National Civil Services Day:
- Observed on April 21
- To commemorate the day when Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, first Home Minister of Independent India addressed probationers of Administrative Services officers at Delhi’s Metcalf House in 1947.
- In his address, he called Civil Servants, the ‘Steel Frame of India’.
- Theme 2022: “Vision India @ 2047 – Bringing Citizens and Government Closer”
3. India’s first pure green hydrogen plant:
- Commissioned by Oil India Limited at Jorhat, Assam.
- Installed capacity of 10kg per day.
4. INS Vagsheer:
- Project – 75’s sixth and last Scorpene-Class Submarine.
- Manufactured by Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited.
List of other submarines under Scorpene-class submarines:
- First submarine: INS Kalvari
- Second: INS Khanderi
- Third: INS Karanj
- Fourth: INS Vela
- Fifth: INS Vagir
5. Cyber Defence Exercise:
- Called Locked Shields.
- Held in Estonia.
- Conducted by NATO
- North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
- Members – 30 (Europe, North America, and Asia)
- 27 Members from Europe, 2 from North America(Canada, USA) and One from Asia
- Estb: April 4, 1949
- India is Not a Member.
- A joint initiative to collaborate with the Fintech Startup community to co-create and innovate solutions for financial inclusion.
- Launched by India Post Payments Bank.
About India Post Payments Bank:
- 100% equity owned by the government of India
- Launched on September 1, 2018.
- Under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication.
7. Def Connect 2.0:
- Inaugurated by the Defence Minister Rajnath Singh
- Organised by Innovations for Defence Excellence, Defence Innovation Organisation (iDEX-DIO)
- The event will attract a large number of innovators and investors from India’s leading industries in the defence sector.
- The iDEX, launched by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi in 2018, essentially provides a unified platform for various stakeholders in the defence and aerospace sectors.
8. 13th NIA Day:
- National Investigation Agency Day.
- Estb : 2009
- The Agency came into existence with the enactment of the National Investigation Agency Act 2008 by the Parliament of India on 31 December 2008, which was passed after the deadly 26/11 terror attack in Mumbai.
- Head – Kuldeep Singh
- HQ – New Delhi
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE