22nd September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
22nd September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Exercise ‘Abhyas – 01/22’:
- It is a joint exercise between the Indian Coast Guard and the United States Coast Guard
- Held off Chennai Coast in Tamil Nadu.
- During the exercise, both sides showcased their capabilities to each other and strengthened their working relationship.
2. “Saaras” – Women Empowerment project:
- The Israel embassy in India and Khushii foundation launched the special project Saraas.
- It is established to promote women’s empowerment, menstrual hygiene and awareness.
- Held in Arthala, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh.
- The project was launched in collaboration with accredited social health activists (ASHA) workers from the Ghaziabad health department.
3. ADB Cuts India’s GDP growth forecast for FY23 to 7%:
- The Asian Development Bank in its report reduced India’s Gross Domestic Product growth forecast for the fiscal year 2022-23 to 7% from 7.2% earlier, quoting higher than expected inflation and monetary tightening.
4. India’s first Dugong Conservation Reserve in Tamil Nadu:
- The country’s first ‘Dugong Conservation Reserve’ has been notified in the Palk Bay region off the coast of Tamil Nadu.
- The move is aimed at conserving the endangered species as it would help protect and improve marine fauna.
- Dugongs are protected under Schedule 1 of the Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972 as their population was on the decline due to habitat loss.
5. World Rhino Day:
- Observed on 22nd September
- Observed since 2010 by World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
- Theme 2022 – “Five Rhino Species Forever”
- There are 5 species of rhino – white & black rhinos in Africa, & the greater one-horned, Javan & Sumatran rhino species in Asia.
- India is home to the largest number of Greater One-Horned Rhinoceros in the world.
6. Govt appoints Ratan Tata & 2 others as trustees of PM CARES Fund:
- Veteran industrialist Ratan Tata, former Supreme Court judge KT Thomas, and former deputy Lok Sabha speaker Kariya Munda have been nominated as trustees of the PM CARES Fund.
- The Prime Minister’s Citizen Assistance and Relief in Emergency Situations Fund (PM CARES Fund) were created on 27 March 2020, following the COVID-19 pandemic in India.
- Objective: to deal with any kind of emergency or distress situation, like posed by the pandemic, and to provide relief to the affected individuals.
- It does not get any budgetary support.
- Ex-officio Chairman: Prime Minister
7. R Venkataramani named as new Attorney General of India:
- Mr Venkataramani will replace current Attorney General KK Venugopal whose term ends on September 30, 2022. Mr Venugopal is currently on his third extension.
- The Attorney General for India is the Indian government’s chief legal advisor and is its chief advocate in the courts.
- They are appointed by the President of India at the instance of the Union Cabinet under Article 76 of the Constitution and hold office during the pleasure of the President.
8. World Rose Day (Welfare of Cancer Patients) 2022:
- Observed on 22nd September every year.
- The day aims to bring happiness and hope into the lives of such patients and reminds them that they can emerge victorious in their battle against cancer through determination and positivity.
- World Rose Day was first observed in honour of 12-year-old cancer patient Melinda Rose from Canada, who died in 1996. According to reports, Rose was diagnosed with Askin’s Tumour in 1994, which is a rare form of blood cancer.
9. Czech Republic’s Linda Fruhvirtova won Chennai Open 2022 title:
- The teenager beat Magda Linette of Poland, the third seed, in the final. She is the youngest titlist of the season on the World Tennis Association (WTA) Tour so far.
- The Chennai Open was the first WTA tournament held in India in 14 years.
10. Winners of 2022 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards:
- Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation honoured 4 changemakers, with the 2022 Goalkeepers Global Goals Awards as a part of its annual Goalkeepers campaign.
- The award recognises their efforts to advance progress towards the United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in their communities and around the world.
|S.No.||Name of the Award||Awardee|
|1.||2022 Global Goalkeeper
|Ursula von der
|2.||2022 Campaign Award||Vanessa Nakate (Uganda)|
|Zahra Joya (Afghanistan)|
|4.||2022 Progress Award||Dr. Radhika Batra (India)|
11. SCALE App:
- Unveiled by the Ministry of Education and Skill Development at the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR)-Central Leather Research Institute (CLRI) in Chennai.
- SCALE (Skill Certification Assessment for Leather Employees)
- This app provides a one-stop solution for the education, testing, and employment requirements of the leather sector.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH