23rd September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
23rd September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. PM-PRANAM Scheme – to reduce the usage of chemical fertilizers:
- Pradhan Mantri Promotion of Alternate Nutrients for Agriculture Management Yojana.
- It is an initiative to promote using fertilizers in a balanced manner along with biofertilizers and organic fertilizers as alternative sources of nutrients.
2. Assam to use portable device ‘SAANS’ to stop neonatal deaths:
- ‘SAANS’ is a portable neonatal Continuous Positive Air Pressure (CPAP) system that can provide lifesaving breathing support to infants in hospital settings as well as during travel.
3. International Day of Sign Languages:
- Observed on 23rd September.
- Theme 2022 – “Sign Languages Unite Us”
- The day supports and protects the linguistic identity of people who are deaf along with other users of sign languages.
- It was first celebrated on 23 September 2018 as part of the International Week of the Deaf (24-30 September 2018).
4. New York hosts the 10th IBSA Trilateral Ministerial Commission conference:
- IBSA – India, Brazil, South Africa Dialogue Forum
- They held conversations about topics of mutual interest, including as South-South cooperation, UNSC reform, the 2030 Agenda, the Sustainable Development Goals, climate change, terrorism prevention, and funding for developmental operations.
5. NASA’s DART Mission to collide with an asteroid:
- In order to test a crucial technology that might be used to divert asteroids heading towards Earth, the Double Asteroid Redirection Test (DART) mission, which is nearing the end of its life, fell on an asteroid.
- The spacecraft has travelled along a celestial path under Jupiter’s supervision, which is the largest planet in the solar system.
- The spacecraft has travelled at a speed of 24,000 kilometres per hour as it collides with the Didymos binary asteroid system, softly deflecting and altering its orbit.
6. KRITAGYA 3.0 – National level Hackathon on Crop Improvement:
- Launched by the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) to promote ‘Spreed breeding’ for crop improvement.
- KRI- Krishi which means Agriculture; TA- Taknik which means Technology; GYA- Gyan which means Knowledge.
7. Sova Virus – Novel mobile banking Trojan Virus:
- It is capable of stealthily encrypting an android phone for ransom.
- This malware is distributed through smishing (phishing via SMS) attacks.
- It is a major threat to the privacy and security of sensitive customer data and can cause large-scale financial frauds and cyberattacks.
8. Former judge tasked with Amending IOA’s Constitution:
- The Supreme Court had appointed Justice L. Nageswara Rao with the task to head an effort to amend the constitution of the Indian Olympic Association (IOA) and prepare a road map to elections.
9. National Conference on Tourism:
- Held at Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh.
- “Dharamshala Declaration” was adopted at the end of the conference which set out long-term and short-term goals for the country in the tourism sector.
- Key highlights of the declaration:
- The tourism sector is to recover to the pre-pandemic level by mid-2024.
- Achieve a $250 billion contribution of Tourism to the GDP by ‘Make India a World leader by 2047” with a revenue goal of $ 1 trillion.
- Focus on sustainable and responsible tourism.
- Bring in necessary interventions, including visa reforms, ease of travel, traveller-friendly immigration facilities at airports and openness to international travel.
- India is ranked 10 among 185 countries in terms of Travel Tourism.
- Indian Tourism contributes 6.8 % of GDP in 2019.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH