24th September 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
24th September 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
- Asian Palm Oil Alliance – India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Nepal
- Atul Chaturvedi has been elected the chairman of APOA.
- India is the largest importer of Palm oil in the Asian region and accounts for 15% of global imports.
2. India’s under-5 mortality rate declines by 3 points:
- According to the Sample Registration System (SRS) Statistical Report 2020, India’s under-5 mortality rate has dramatically decreased from 35 per 1,000 live births in 2019 to 32 per 1,000 live births in 2020.
- The largest fall was observed in Uttar Pradesh (UP) and Karnataka.
3. PEN Award won by Meena Kandasamy:
- Indian author and poet Meena Kandasamy has been announced as this year’s recipient of the Hermann Kesten Prize by the PEN Centre in Germany’s Darmstadt.
- The Hermann Kesten Prize honours personalities who, in the spirit of the charter of the PEN association, stand up for the rights of persecuted authors and journalists.
4. Sikkim gets India’s first avalanche-monitoring radar:
- The Indian Army and the Defence Geoinformatics and Research Establishment (DGRE) have jointly installed the Avalanche Monitoring Radar in North Sikkim.
- The radar, a first of its kind in India, has the capability to detect avalanches within three seconds of their trigger and will assist in saving the valuable lives of troops and civilians.
- Apart from avalanches, it can also detect landslides.
5. Dilip Tirkey elected as Hockey India president:
- First time in history, a former sportsperson and an Olympian has been elected as the head of Hockey India.
6. 300 Liver Transplants registered in TN:
- September 15-23 is observed as organ donation awareness week in Tamil Nadu.
- The Transplant Authority of Tamil Nadu (TRANSTAN) rolled out the automated web-cum-mobile app – ‘Vidiyal’ which would enable the whole registration process online.
- This is the first-ever automated system for organ allocation in India and the first to use Aadhaar authentication to prevent multiple registrations.
- National Organ Donation Day is observed on November 27.
- World Organ Donation Day is observed on August 13.
- Tamil Nadu ranks first in organ donation in India.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH