29th January 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
29th January 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Philippines inks $375mn BrahMos missile deal:
- This is the first export order for the missile.
- It is a joint project between India and Russia.
- Medium range ramjet supersonic cruise missile.
- It is capable of being launched from land, sea, sub-sea and air against the surface and sea-based targets.
- The missile range is 600 km.
- Speed: Mach 4
- It is a new kind of coronavirus that is spreading among bats in South Africa.
- Discovered by Chinese researchers.
- The virus is closely related to the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS), a viral disease first identified in Saudi Arabia in 2012.
3. Anantha Nageswaran has been appointed as the new Chief Economic Advisor.
4. ADGMIN meeting:
- 2nd ASEAN Digital Ministers (ADGMIN) meeting with India held on a virtual platform.
- India – ASEAN Digital Work Plan 2022 has been approved at this meeting.
- It is an annual meeting of Telecom ministers of 10 ASEAN countries – Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam.
5. Largest Electric Vehicle charging station:
- National highway for electric vehicles inaugurated India’s largest electric vehicle charging station in Gurgaon, Haryana.
6. Book Launched:
- Book Name: Operation Khatma
- Author: R C Ganjoo and Aswini Bhatnagar
7. Gold Demand Trends 2021:
- The report has been released by the World Gold Council.
- The report says the global gold demand rose 10% in 2021 to 4,021.3 tonnes.
- India’s gold consumption surged to 797.3 tonnes in 2021.
8. Data Privacy Day:
- Observed on January 28.
- Theme 2022: ‘Privacy Matters’
9. Book Launched:
- Book Name: The $10 Trillion Dream
- Author: Subash Chandra Garg
10. India beat China in Hockey Women’s Asia Cup and won the Bronze medal:
- The match was held in Muscat, Oman.
11. World’s largest derivative exchange:
- National Stock Exchange (NSE) has emerged as the world’s largest derivatives exchange in 2021 by the number of contracts traded.
- Indices: NIFTY 50, NIFTY Next 50, NIFTY 500
- HQ: Mumbai
12. Satyaprata Sahoo:
- Tamil Nadu Chief Electoral Officer.
- selected for the national award under the category of best-performing state.
- In election management during the legislative assembly elections in the state during 2021.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE