29th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
29th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Book released:
- Book – Spoorthi Pradhata Sri Somayya
- Author – Shyam Prasad
2. India – UAE trade pact, CEPA:
- Investopia summit and World government summit held at Dubai.
- It is the first full trade agreement to be signed by India with any country in the past decade.
- To boost bilateral trade to $100 billion over a 5 year period.
- UAE is India’s 3rd largest trade partner.
- UAE is also the 2nd largest export destination of India
- UAE is the 8th largest investor in India.
3. India Medals at Swiss Open 2022:
- Men’s Singles – Prannoy Haseena Sunil Kumar (India) won the silver medal.
- Women’s Singles – P V Sindhu (India) won the gold medal.
4. World Table Tennis Contender 2022 championship held in Doha, Qatar:
- Mixed Doubles category – Manika Batra and Gnanasekaran won the silver medal.
- Men’s Singles – Achanta Sharath Kamal won the Bronze medal.
About International Table Tennis Federation:
- HQ : Lausanne, Switzerland
5. Book released:
- Book – Burgundy Winters in Europe
- Author – Pranay Patil
6. External Affairs Minister Jaishankar attended the 18th BIMSTEC Ministerial Meeting in Colombo:
- BIMSTEC – Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation.
- Members – Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Srilanka, Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal.
- Estb: 6th June 1997
- HQ: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Current Chairmanship: Srilanka
7. New Prime Minister of Malta:
- Robert Abela has been sworn in after his ruling Labour Party won the 2022 general election.
- Malta Capital: Valletta; Currency: Euro
8. “Sambhav” and “Svavlamban”:
- Initiatives to tackle the issue of plastic waste in India.
- Launched by the Ministry of MSME
- Launched at the International summit on plastics recycling and waste management held at New Delhi.
9. Tamilnadu Awards:
|Awards||Name of the Awardees|
|Perarignar Anna Award||Naanjil Sampath|
|Bharathiyar Award||Bharathi Krishnakumar|
|Pavendar Bharathidasan Award||Pulavar Senthalai Gowthaman|
|Sollin Selvar Award||Surya Sevior|
|Singaravelar Award||Kavignar Mathukkoor Ramalingam|
|Tamil Thai Award||Malaysia Tamil Writer Association|
|Vallalar Award||Dr. Ra. Sanjeevi Rayar|
|Adithanar Award||Uyirmai Thingalithal|
|Devaneya Pavanar Award||Dr. Ku. Arasendran|
|Umaru Pulavar Award||Na. Mammathu|
|Kambar Award||Bharathi Bhaskar|
|Perunchithiranar Award||Dr. M. Rajendran|
|G.U.Pope Award||A.S. Panneer Selvam|
|Maraimalai Adigal Award||Suki Sivam|
|Ilango Adigal Award||Nellai Kannan|
|Ayothidasar Pandithar Award||Gnana. Alaisiyas|
|Thanthai Periyar Award||K. Thirunavukkarasu|
|Thiruvalluvar Award||M. Meenakshi Sundara|
|Annal Ambedkar Award||Justice Chandru|
|Kamarajar Award||Kumari Ananthan|
|G.U. Pope Award||A.S. Panneer Selvam|
|Chief Minister Computer Tamil Award for the year 2020||Dr. V. Dhanalakshmi|
10. Lulu group to invest Rs. 3,500crore in Tamil Nadu for three projects:
- Two malls to come up at Rs. 2,500 crore and a food processing project at Rs.1,000crore.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH