30th March 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
30th March 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Meghalaya Natural Root Bridge:
- UNESCO includes Meghalaya’s “Living Root Bridges or Jingkieng Jri” on a tentative list of World Heritage sites.
- Villagers of Meghalaya grow these living root bridges to cross the water bodies.
- 2022 tentative list of UNESCO:
- The Geoglyphs of the Konkan region of Maharashtra,
- Sri Veerabhadra Temple and Monolithic Bull at Lepakshi of Andhra Pradesh.
2. Book Released:
- NITI Aayog and FAO launched a book titled Indian Agriculture towards 2030.
- Edited by Ramesh Chand, Pramod Joshi and Shyam Khadka.
3. World Piano Day is annually observed on March 29.
4. Sets an Ambitious target of Creating 220 New Airports by 2025:
- Greenfield Airports: specifically built on an undeveloped location.
- Brownfield Airports: have an existing structure or are being remodelled for a new airport.
5. 5th BIMSTEC Summit:
- Theme 2022: “Towards a Resilient Region, Prosperous Economies, Healthy People”
- BIMSTEC – Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation.
- Members – Bangladesh, India, Myanmar, Srilanka, Thailand, Bhutan and Nepal.
- Estb: 6th June 1997;
- 2022 – 25th year of the establishment
- HQ: Dhaka, Bangladesh
- Current Chairmanship: Srilanka
- India had recently conducted the 3rd BIMSTEC Disaster Management Exercise, “Panex 21”
6. IONS Maritime Exercise 2022 (IMEX):
- Indian Ocean Naval Symposium (IONS) Maritime exercise 2022 was conducted in Goa and in the Arabian Sea.
- To enhance interoperability in Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations among member nations.
- The IONS was established in 2007.
- IONS includes 24 member nations that touch or lie within the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and 8 observer nations.
- The members have been geographically grouped into the following four sub-regions:
- South Asian Littorals: Bangladesh, India, Maldives, Pakistan, Seychelles, Sri Lanka and United Kingdom (British Indian Ocean Territory)
- West Asian Littorals: Iran, Oman, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates
- East African Littorals: France (Reunion), Kenya, Mauritius, Mozambique, South Africa, and Tanzania.
- South-East Asian and Australian Littorals: Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Singapore, Thailand and Timor-Leste.
7. National Centre for Coastal Research (NCCR), Chennai found more than 50% composition of marine litter was from single-use plastics from 2018-2021 at various beaches of India.
8. Konkan railway accomplishes “Mission 100% Electrification”:
- On its entire 741km network.
- The mission was set by the Indian Railways toward Zero Carbon emissions.
9. International Geological Congress:
- The 36th IGC was held in New Delhi.
- Theme 2022: ‘Geosciences: The basic science for a sustainable future.
- In 1964, India held the 22nd session of IGC which was the first in an Asian land.
10. Covid Champion Award:
- Won by the Cochin International Airport Limited at Wings India 2022.
- For the successful implementation of a meticulous project ‘Mission Safeguarding’ during the pandemic time to ensure safe travel at Kochi airport.
- Aviation Innovation Award and Best Airport: The Kempegowda International Airport in Bengaluru.
- Aviation Sustainability and Environment award: Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH