2nd August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
2nd August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Muslim Women Rights Day:
- Observed across India on 1st August.
- 3rd year anniversary.
- Observed since 1st August 2020
- To commemorate the enactment of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019 which protects the practice of Triple talaq in India.
2. World Ranger Day:
- Observed on July 31
- Theme 2022: “DIVERSITY”
- Observed since 2007
- International Ranger Awards 2022 – won by Orang National Park and Tiger Reserve, Assam.
3. Books & Authors:
- “Amphibians of the Northern Western Ghats”
- Authored by Satish Pande
4. Healthy Environment – A Human Right:
- Declared by United Nations General Assembly (UNGA)
- The resolution A/76/L.75 titled “ The human right to a clean, healthy and sustainable environment and declared the right to clean, healthy and sustainable environment as a human right”.
5. Pradhan Mantri Vaya Vandana Yojana completes 5 years:
- Launched in 2017 by the Ministry of Finance.
- The scheme is now extended up to 31st March 2023 for a further period of three years beyond 31st March 2020.
- It is a social security programme for the elderly that aims to provide them with a guaranteed minimum pension.
- It is a Pension Scheme announced by the Government of India exclusively for senior citizens aged 60 years and above.
- The scheme is exempted from GST.
- Minimum Entry Age: 60 years (completed)
- Maximum Entry Age: No limit
- Policy Term: 10 years
- Investment limit: Rs 15 lakh per senior citizen
6. Monkeypox Virus – Special Task Force under VK Paul:
- Announced by the Central government.
- To keep track of monkeypox cases in India.
- Monkeypox spreads through close, personal, often skin-to-skin contact.
- The disease can spread through direct contact with rashes, or body fluids from an infected person, by touching objects and fabrics that have been used by someone with monkeypox or through respiratory secretions.
- Symptoms include fever, swollen lymph nodes, and a rash that forms blisters and then crusts over.
- There may be mild symptoms, and it may occur without any symptoms being known.
- The disease is caused by the monkeypox virus, a zoonotic virus in the genus
- There is no known cure.
- A study has found that the smallpox vaccine was around 85% protective in preventing infection in close contact and in lessening the severity of the disease.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) declared the monkeypox outbreak as a global health emergency.
7. Distinguished Indologist 2021 Award:
- The award is given to Canadian scholar, Jeffrey Armstrong
- Awarded by the Indian Council for Cultural Relations
- “In recognition of his outstanding contribution to the study/teaching/research in India’s philosophy, thought, history, art, culture, Indian languages, literature, civilisation, society, etc”.
8. Google’s EIE:
- Aurangabad – 1st Smart city in India to receive data from Google’s Environmental Insights Explorer.
- The data would aid research groups in formulating sustainable solutions for the city.
9. Nilekani Centre:
- Established by IIT Madras
- To advance the state of Indian language technology
- IIT Madras launched the AI4 Bharat Programme to create open source language AI for Indian languages.
10. Books & Authors:
- “Lockdown Lyrics”
- Authored by Sanjukta Dash
- Released by Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
11. World Lung Cancer Day:
- Observed on 1st August
- To raise awareness about the causes and treatment of lung cancer and highlight the issues of lack of sufficient research funding for the ailment.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH