3rd August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
3rd August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. “Mission Bhumiputra”:
- Launched by the Government of Assam
- It is a digital way to issue digitized caste certificates to students.
- The mission will help in delivering easy public service to the general public of Assam.
2. Nakul Jain has been appointed as the CEO of Paytm Payments Services Limited.
3. 24th International AIDS Conference 2022:
- Held in Montreal, Canada
- According to the UNAIDS Global AIDS Update 2022 report, only 52% of children living with HIV are on life-saving treatment.
- According to UNICEF, about 2.8 million children and adolescents are currently living with HIV, nearly 88 per cent of them in sub-Saharan Africa.
- World AIDS Day – December 1
4. Maritime Partnership Exercise:
- Conducted by the Indian and French Navies in North Atlantic Ocean
- India and French Exercises:
- Exercise Garuda with the Indian Air Force
- Exercise Varuna with the Indian Navy
- Exercise Shakti with the Indian Army
5. Indian Virtual Herbarium Portal:
- India’s largest online herbarium database
- Launched on July 1, 2022
- By the Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change.
- Developed by the Botanical Survey of India
- It aims to provide comprehensive data on herbarium specimens regarding the floral diversity of India and other countries that are preserved in the cabinet of the herbarium building through online access.
6. Books & Authors:
|1.||“Dangerous Earth”||Ellen Prager|
|2.||“Lion of the Skies: Hardit Singh Malik”
(Hardit Singh Malik was the first fighter pilot in India)
|3.||“The Dolphin and the Shark: Stories on Entrepreneurship”||Namita Thapar
7. India – ASEAN Ministerial Meeting:
- Held at Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- The year 2022 is celebrated as the ASEAN – India Friendship Year.
- ASEAN – founded in 1967
- Members – 10 (Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Vietnam)
- HQ – Jakarta, Indonesia
8. New Central Vigilance Commissioner:
- Suresh N Patel has been appointed.
- He replaced Sanjay Kothari.
- CVC was established in 1964 by the recommendation of the Santhanam Committee.
- Originally it was neither a constitutional body nor a statutory body.
- In 2003, it was given Statutory Status.
9. Under 2 Coalition:
- Punjab has recently joined the Under 2 Coalition
- It is the 6th Indian state to be a part of this.
- The other states are Maharashtra, Chattisgarh, Jammu and Kashmir, Telangana and West Bengal.
- It is committed to aligning its climate action plan with the Paris agreement.
10. India’s first teaching robot:
- Launched by the Indus International School.
- It is named the Eagle Robot.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH