3rd & 4th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
3rd & 4th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. International Children’s Book Day:
- Observed on April 2.
- Theme 2022: “Stories are wings that help you soar every day”.
2. Book Released:
- Book: “Queen of Fire”
- Author : Devika Rangachari
- The book explores the story of Rani Lakshmibai of Jhansi.
3. 2nd edition of Khelo India University Games:
- Hosted by the Government of Karnataka.
- The Karnataka government has declared this edition as Green Games – Zero waste, Zero plastic games.
- The 1st edition was hosted by Odisha.
4. India’s 1st Private Commercial Imaging Satellite ‘Shakuntala(TD-2)’:
- Launched by the Indian Space tech startup Pixxel.
- Launched via SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket under its ‘Transporter 4 Mission’.
- It is a rideshare mission, which launches ~40 small payloads around the world.
- It provides information regarding natural gas leakages, deforestation, melting ice caps, pollution, and declining crop health, among others.
5. SEBI launches ideathon ‘Manthan’ to promote innovation in Securities Market:
- It will help you to create a pool of new ideas and solutions centred on the securities market.
- Securities and Exchange Board of India.
- Estb: 12th April 1992
- HQ : Mumbai
- Chairperson : Madhabi Puri Buch
6. India contributes $5,00,000 to UN Women’s Core Budget:
- With this contribution, India reaffirmed its support for gender equality and women empowerment and development.
About UN Women:
- Estb: 2010
- HQ: New York
- Executive Director : Sima Sami Bahous
7. Dark Sky Sanctuary in ‘Hanle’:
- The village of Hanle, located in the Hanle river valley, Ladakh which has been declared a dark sky sanctuary, will offer an unequivocal dark sky experience to tourists.
- Dark Sanctuary is an area that offers outstanding illumination of the sky.
8. Serdar Berdimuhamedov has become Turkmenistan’s New President:
- It is a country in Central Asia.
- Capital: Ashgabat
- Currency: Turkmenistani Manat
9. 64th Annual Grammy Awards:
- Record Of The Year: “Leave The Door Open” by Bruno Mars and Anderson Paak
- Album Of The Year: “We Are” by Jon Batiste
- Song Of The Year: “Leave The Door Open”
- Best New Artist: “Olivia Rodrigo”
- Two Indians won the award:
- Indian Music composer Ricky Kej won his second Grammy for Divine Tides (Lahiri Music) for the Best New Age Album.
- Indian – American Singer-songwriter Falguni Shah won first in the Best Children’s Album category for A Colourful World (El Cerrito Records).
10. Australia wins ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup 2022:
- Australia beats England by 71 runs.
- Held at Hagley Oval in Christchurch, New Zealand.
11. Chhattisgarh – Lowest Unemployment in the country:
- According to the latest data released by the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy, Chhattisgarh has registered an unemployment rate of 0.6% this March 2022, which is the lowest so far.
- Haryana has Highest Unemployment in the country.
12. International Day for Mine Awareness and Assistance in Mine Action:
- Observed on April 4
- Theme 2022: Safe ground, Safe steps, Safe home.
13. Viktor Orban has been elected the New Prime Minister for Hungary. It is a country in Central Europe. Capital – Budapest.
14. Adichanallur coins find suggests early habitation:
- The discovery of two punch-marked coins of the Sangam era, with symbols of sea turtles, marked the first of its kind found in the archaeological history of Adichanallur, a historic site located in the lower valley of Tamirabarani in Srivaikuntam taluk, Thoothukudi district.
- The site was first excavated by German archaeologist Dr Jagor in 1876.
- These two coins, which seemed evidence of trade links between India and Rome, were found in square shape and dateable to the Sangam period or the early historic period between 300 BC and 300 AD.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH