3rd February 2023 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
3rd February 2023 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. US offers Critical Technological to India under iCET:
- India and the United States launched a programme to enhance their strategic partnership with delegations at their meeting in Washington for the inaugural dialogue of the Initiative on Critical and Emerging Technologies (iCET)
- The two sides announced a set of programmes whose aim is to increase the depth and scope of bilateral cooperation in cutting-edge technology, including in the defence sector.
- The iCET seeks to build supply chains which increase co-production and co-development between the countries and increase linkages between the countries’ start-up ecosystems, both governments said in their statements describing the dialogue.
2. Adani Group acquired Haifa Port:
- The Adani Group acquired the strategic Israeli Port of Haifa for $1.2 billion.
- Prime Minister of Israel Netanyahu described the Haifa port deal with the Adani Group as an enormous milestone, saying it will significantly improve connectivity between the two countries in many ways.
3. IIRF releases MBA Ranking 2023:
- IIRF – Indian Institutional Ranking Framework
- Rank 1 – IIM Ahmedabad, Gujarat
- Rank 2 – IIM Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Rank 3 – IIM Kolkata, West Bengal
- The ranking was based on seven criteria: Research, TeachingLearning Resource Pedagogy, Industry Income and Integration, Placement Performance, Future Orientation, External Perception and International Outlook, & Placement Strategies and Support.
4. World Wetlands Day:
- Observed on 2nd February
- Theme 2023: ‘It’s Time for Wetlands Restoration’.
- On 2 February 1971, Convention on Wetlands was accepted as an International Treaty in Ramsar, Iran.
- On 30 August 2021, the UN General Assembly adopted resolution 75/317 for World Wetlands Day.
5. National Financial Information Registry to be setup:
- To serve as the central repository of financial and ancillary information.
- This will facilitate the efficient flow of credit, promote financial inclusion, and foster financial stability.
- A new legislative framework will govern this credit public infrastructure and it will be designed in consultation with the RBI.
6. Soliga ecarinata – a new genus of wasp:
- Unearthed from the forests of Biligiri Rangana Hills in Karnataka.
- It is named after the indigenous community that resides in Biligiri Hills and Male Mahadeshwara Hills in Chamarajanagar, Karnataka.
7. MISHTI Scheme – Mangrove Plantations:
- MISHTI – Mangrove Initiative for Shoreline Habitats & Tangible Incomes.
- Announced in the Budget on 1st Feb 2023
- The main aim of the scheme is to take up mangrove plantations along the coastline and on saltpan lands.
- It also aims to preserve Mangrove forests.
- MISHTI is to be implemented by converging CAMPA Fund, MGNREGS, and other sources.
8. CAMPA Funds:
- Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority (CAMPA) is a fund set up to receive compensation that has to be deposited along with the net value of the land under the CAMPA law.
- It is deposited by authorities who are diverting forest lands for non-forest purposes.
- 90% of the Fund is given to the states while 10% is retained by the Centre.
9. PM PRANAM Scheme:
- The PM “Programme for Restoration, Awareness, Nourishment and Amelioration of Mother Earth” (PM-PRANAM) was announced in Budget 2023.
- Under the scheme, the govt. aims to incentivize States and Union Territories to promote alternative fertilizers and balanced use of chemical fertilizers.
- The main objective of the scheme is to reduce the use of chemical fertilizers in agriculture.
10. QUAD cyber group:
- Held in New Delhi
- To strengthen cyber security cooperation.
- It is a multilateral dialogue between Australia, India, Japan and the US.
- The dialogue was initiated in 2007 by Japanese PM Shinzo Abe.
- During the 2017 ASEAN Summits in Manila, all four former members agreed to revive the quadrilateral alliance.
- In 2021, it held the first Quad Plus meeting that included South Korea, New Zealand, and Vietnam.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Video Class 2023 – https://bit.ly/mainsvideoclass
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE