4th November 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
4th November 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. Global Digital Health Summit:
- The first-ever summit was held in New Delhi.
- The theme of the summit – “Digital Health for All”
2. 2021 PMAY-U Awards:
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban
- This is the 2nd edition of the 2021 Awards.
- The top performers are – UTTAR PRADESH, MADHYA PRADESH AND TAMIL NADU.
- Among the northeastern and hilly states, TRIPURA emerged as the top performer.
- The PMAY-U was launched in 2015 to address the housing shortage in India’s Urban areas.
- Its aim is to construct 1.12 crore housing units by 2022.
3. Raja Raja Chola’s birth anniversary:
- The Tamil Nadu government announced that the birth anniversary of Raja Raja Chola would be celebrated as a government event every year on November 3.
- Raja Raja Cholan’s birth anniversary is celebrated as ‘Sadhaya Vizha’ by several organisations every year in Thanjavur district.
- The Kalakattur Kadan Manthan inscription stands as evidence of the good governance of Raja Raja Cholan.
4. India’s Largest Wind Turbine – Gujarat:
- Adani New Industries Ltd announced the installation of the country’s largest Wind Turbine Generator (WTG) in Mundra, Gujarat.
- Standing 200 metres tall, the wind turbine is taller than the world’s tallest statue, the Statue of Unity (182 metres).
- It is the first machine which has been built with technology from W2E (Wind to Energy) in Germany.
5. Collins Dictionary’s word of the year 2022 – Permacrisis:
- The word indicates an era of instability & insecurity.
- It indicates the ongoing Ukraine War, the consequent rise in the cost of living & the political upheaval the world has witnessed in 2022.
6. Indonesia hands over G20 Religion Forum presidency to India:
- Indonesia handed over the Presidency of the R20 summit, the religious grouping of the G20, to India which New Delhi will host in 2023.
- R20 is part of a series of G20 events initiated under Indonesia’s G20 Presidency.
- It is being held from Nov 2-3 in Bali, Indonesia to mobilize global leaders to help ensure that religion functions as an open and dynamic source of solutions.
7. WTO to increase presence at COP 27 and release World Trade Report 2022:
- The WTO will take a substantial role in the upcoming conference of the parties (COP 27) to UNFCCC, which will be held in Sharm El-Sheikh, Egypt from November 6-18.
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Director General of the WTO will attend world leaders’ summit events.
- The WTO’s World Trade Report 2022, titled “Climate Change and International Trade” will also be released at COP 27.
8. India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp:
- Conducted by the India Post Payment Bank
- Held at Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- The session covered topics ranging from banking and financial products, the importance of joining the mainstream financial services offered by regulated entities and protection against various types of risks involved with investments and measures of fraud prevention.
9. Chevalier Award:
- France honours Carnatic Vocalist ARUNA SAIRAM with the Chevalier Award.
- Aruna Sairam is a decorated Carnatic vocalist, composer, humanitarian and speaker born into a Tamil family in Bombay.
10. Ladli Laxmi 2.0:
- Launched by the government of
- The scheme provides monetary benefits to qualified female children to ensure they receive a good education and to improve society’s perspectives about the birth of a girl’s child.
11. Mangarh Dham:
- PM Modi declared Mangarh Dham a National Monument in
- It is a symbol of tenacity and sacrifices of tribals and added that this is the common heritage of Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Madhya Pradesh.
12. World Energy Outlook:
- Released by the International Energy Agency
- RUSSIA – world’s top exports of fossil fuels.
- Natural gas prices have reached unprecedented levels.
- Over 100 million people are likely to increase their dependence on firewood for cooking instead of adopting cleaner and safer solutions.
13. Space RISAT2 satellite makes reentry into Earth’s atmosphere:
- ISRO’s RISAT2 satellite which was launched in 2009 and weighs around 300 kg has made an uncontrolled re-entry into the Earth’s atmosphere near Jakarta.
- The Indian System for Safe and Sustainable Space Operations Management (IS4OM) facility in ISTRAC, Bengaluru, had been monitoring the re-entry utilising Multi-Object Tracking Radar (MOTR) at SDSC, Sriharikota.
- RISAT-2 or Radar Imaging Satellite-2 was an Indian radar imaging reconnaissance satellite that was part of India’s RISAT programme.
- It was built by the Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) and was launched by the PSLV-C12 launch vehicle in 2009 from the Second Launch Pad at the Satish Dhawan Space Centre.
- A reconnaissance satellite also known as a spy satellite is an Earth observation satellite or communications satellite deployed for military or intelligence applications.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Video Class 2023 – https://bit.ly/mainsvideoclass
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH