5th November 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
5th November 2022 Current Affairs are provided below:
1. Centre constitutes a panel for Higher Educational Institutions:
- The panel will be headed by K. RADHAKRISHNAN, Chairperson, Board of Governors, IIT Kanpur.
- The panel will also prepare a roadmap for the National Accreditation Council envisioned in the National Education Policy, 2020.
2. World Tsunami Awareness Day:
- Observed on 5th November 2015.
- A tsunami is a series of huge waves created underwater by a disturbance which is referred to as earthquakes below the ocean.
- Theme 2022 – “Early Warning and Early Action Before Every Tsunami”
3. Longest Passenger Train – Switzerland:
- Celebrating the 175th anniversary of Switzerland’s first railway, the country’s railway operators came together to create the new Guinness World Record-holding train which tows 100 carriages, weighs 2,990 tons, and measures 1.91 km (1.19 miles) long.
- The train was seen passing through the mountainous landscape in the Swiss Alps.
4. Order of Australia Award – Amit Dasgupta:
- He was appointed as an Honorary Member in the General Division of the Order of Australia (AM) for his service to the Australia-India bilateral relationship.
- Dasgupta is a tireless promoter of Australia-India relations, challenging the nations’ governments and people to realise the underlying potential of a stronger bilateral relationship.
5. EPFO Coverage Chart – Delhi Tops:
- Lowest – TRIPURA
- EPFO – Employee Provident Fund Organisation which is under the Ministry of Labour and Employment is one of the World’s largest Social Security Organisations in terms of clientele and the volume of financial transactions undertaken.
6. India has the cheapest manufacturing cost:
- Switzerland has topped the list followed by Germany and Canada.
- India has bagged the 31st rank among 85 countries.
- The government of India has taken several measures to roll out production-linked incentive schemes and reduce the compliance burden with an aim to make India a global manufacturing hub.
7. PM Modi launched the new Complaint Management System portal of CVC:
- The portal is envisioned to provide end-to-end information to the citizens through regular updates on the status of their complaints.
- PM also released a series of pictorial booklets on “Ethics and Good Practices”; Compilation of best practices on “Preventive Vigilance” and a Special issue “VIGEYE-VANI” on public procurement.
- National Awareness Week:
- Central Vigilance Commission observes Vigilance Awareness Week every year to bring together all stakeholders in spreading the message of integrity in all spheres of life.
- It is observed from 31st October to 6th November with the theme of “Corruption-free India for a developed nation”.
8. All Employees can opt for EPFO pension Scheme – Supreme Court:
- The Supreme Court upheld the Employees’ Pension (Amendment) Scheme, 2014 of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation as “legal and valid” while striking down certain provisions.
- The SC uses its extraordinary powers under Article 142 of the Constitution to allow eligible employees who could not join the scheme by the cut-off date should be given an additional chance as there was a lack of clarity on the issue in view of judgments passed by the high courts of Kerala, Rajasthan and Delhi.
- The bench further held as invalid the condition in the 2014 scheme that required employees to make a further contribution at 1.16 per cent on salary exceeding Rs 15,000.
- The 2014 amendment capped the maximum pensionable salary (basic pay plus dearness allowance) at Rs 15,000 per month. Prior to the amendment, the maximum pensionable salary was capped at Rs 6,500 a month.
- Note: Before the amendments were introduced, every employee, who became a member of the Employees Provident Fund Scheme of 1952 as on November 16, 1995, could avail the EPS.
- In the pre-amended version of EPS-1995, the maximum pensionable salary was ₹6,500.
- The 2014 amendments to the EPS raised the cap from ₹6,500 to ₹15,000 and stated that only employees, who were existing EPS members as on September 1, 2014, could continue to contribute to the pension fund in accordance with their actual salaries. They were given a window of six months to opt for the new pension regime.
- The Employees Provident Fund Organisation and the Centre challenged the verdicts of the high courts of Kerala, Rajasthan and Delhi, which had quashed the 2014 scheme.
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Test Series 2023 – https://bit.ly/3POwdHI
🎯 TNPSC Group 2 Mains Video Class 2023 – https://bit.ly/mainsvideoclass
🎯 TNPSC Group 1 Preliminary Test Series 2022 – https://bit.ly/3Pub2en
🎯 TNPSC Where to Study PDF – https://bit.ly/3PvLde0
🎯 TNPSC Previous Year Latest 1700 Subject Wise Questions Test – Bilingual (2022 Questions) – https://bit.ly/3DHFZZo
🎯 50 Days Video Crash Course (50 Important Lessons) – https://bit.ly/3CBhfkX
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH