6th January 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
6th January 2022 Current Affairs is provided below.
1. First death linked to Omicron in India:
- 73 year old died in Rajasthan.
- Due to post-COVID pneumonia coupled with co-morbidities like diabetes mellitus, hypertension, and hypothyroidism.
2. 75th Platinum Jubilee Year of CSIR-NPL:
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research- National Physical Laboratory.
- Laid by former prime minister Jawaharlal Nehru on 4th JANUARY 1947.
- Its main building was opened by Sardar Vallahbhai Patel in 1950.
3. Antigua and Barbuda becomes 102nd member of the International Solar Alliance.
- Jointly launched by INDIA and France in 2015
- During the 21st session of UN Climate change COP-21 in Paris.
- DG: Ajay Mathur
- HQ: Gurugram, Haryana.
4. SBI, ICICI and HDFC Bank continue to be Domestic Systemically Important Banks (D-SIBs).
5. Indian numerologist JC Chaudhry achieved 1st Guinness world record on Numerology; the 1st record of 2022.
6. New Book:
- Mamata: Beyond 2021;Authored by Jayanta Ghosal
- Gandhi’s Assassin: The Making of Nathuram Godse and His idea of India; Authored by Dhirendra Jha.
7. UNSC statement on Nuclear War:
- Published by Kremlin (Russia)
- To avoid war between nuclear states and reduce strategic risks.
- P5 Countries: Russia, China, Britain, the U.S, and France.
8. New Variant ‘IHU’:
- Detected in France
- More mutated strain than Omicron.
- Contains 46 mutations.
9. District level Good Governance Index:
- The Jammu and Kashmir union territory- India’s first district-level Good Governance index.
10. Ashok Elluswamy:
- Tesla founder Elon Musk announced that Indian origin was the first employee to be hired for his electric vehicle company’s Autopilot team.
- Unified Presentment Management System
- Launched by NPCI BillPay
- To enrich and simplify bill payments in India.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH