7th & 8th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
7th & 8th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Books & Authors:
- “How China Sees India and the World”
- Authored by Shyam Saran
2. SAFF Under-20 Football Championship 2022:
- South Asian Football Federation
- India won the batch by defeating Bangladesh
- Held in Bhubaneswar,
- Gurkirat Singh – Most Valuable Player of SAFF U20 Championship 2022
- Som Kumar – Best Goalkeeper
3. National Handloom Day:
- Observed on August 7
- Since 2015
- To highlight the contribution of the handloom industry to socio-economic development and create awareness about the sector.
- The day also commemorates the Swadeshi movement that began in 1905.
- Theme 2022 – “ Handloom, an Indian Legacy”
4. New Vice President of India:
- Jagdeep Dhankhar – 14th Vice President of India.
- Defeated the opposition’s candidate Margaret Alva.
- He was the former West Bengal governor
- He succeeded M Venkaiah Naidu
- The Vice President occupies the second highest office in the country.
- 63 – Vice President of India
5. 1st Woman Director General of CSIR:
- CSIR – Council of Scientific and Industrial Research
- Nallathamby Kalaiselvi has been appointed.
- Estb – 26 September 1972
- CSIR President – Prime Minister of India
- Autonomous Body
- Largest research and development organisation in India.
6. Javelin Throw Day:
- Observed on August 7
- Since 2021
- In honour of Javelin Thrower Neeraj Chopra, who won India’s first Olympic gold medal in athletics at the 2020 Tokyo Olympics.
7. India’s 75th Grandmaster:
- He is the 27th Grandmaster from Tamil Nadu.
- He won the Limpedea Open in Baia Mare, Romania to secure his third and final GM norm and attain the Grandmaster title.
8. Indian Chess legend Vishwanadan Anand has been elected the deputy president of FIDE (International Chess Federation)
9. All women Navy Crew:
- Five women officers of the Indian Naval Air Squadron 314 (INAS 314) created history by completing the first all-women independent maritime reconnaissance and surveillance mission.
- This is held over the north Arabian Sea onboard a Dornier 228
- Mission Commander Lt Commander Sharma captained the aircraft.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE