6th August 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
6th August 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Chevalier Award:
- Given to Kannan Sundaram, Publisher of Kalachuvadu.
- Honoured by the French government.
- For his contribution to the publishing collaboration between India and France.
- South Korea’s first-ever Lunar Mission.
- Jointly developed by NASA and Korea Aerospace Research Institute.
- With this launch, South Korea will become the seventh country in the world to have launched an unmanned probe to the moon.
3. Carbon Monitoring Satellite:
- Terrestrial Ecosystem Carbon Monitoring Satellite.
- Launched by China
- From the Taiyuan Satellite Launch Center, Shanxi Province, North China.
- The two secondary payloads were the HEAD 2G and Minhang Youth Satellite.
- The satellite uses a wide range of remote sensing techniques, spanning laser, hyperspectral and polarization to detect and measure vegetation biomass and chlorophyll fluorescence.
4. Panchamrut Yojana:
- Launched by the Government of Uttar Pradesh.
- It aims to double the farmers’ income through the implementation of cost-effective technical measures and the promotion of co-cropping methods.
- Reducing costs through saving water
- Maximum use of stubble and the leaves of sugarcane
- Sparing use of Fertilizers and pesticides
- Promotes the cultivation of more than one crop for greater productivity
- Controlling pollution as there will be no need to burn leaves in the fields.
- Intends to minimize sugarcane production costs
- Increasing productivity and land fertility through 5 techniques i.e., Sugarcane seeding, ratoon management, trash mulching, drip irrigation and co-cropping.
5. The Hollongi Greenfield Airport of Arunachal Pradesh has been renamed as Donyi Polo Airport, Itanagar.
6. New members of NATO:
- Sweden and Finland – recently joined the NATO group.
- NATO – North Atlantic Treaty Organisation
7. SEBI constitutes 15 member committee:
- Headed by former Chief Economic Adviser K V Subramanian.
- To attract foreign investment.
- To boost overseas flows into the country.
- SEBI – Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Chairperson – Madhabi Puri Buch
- Estb – 12 April 1992
- HQ – Mumbai
8. Garima Hazarika Passes Away:
- An eminent exponent of Assam’s Classical Sattriya Dancer
- Credited with pioneering the entry of women Sattriya Dancers on the stage.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH