7th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
7th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Indian Antarctica Bill – Cabinet Approved:
- The draft bill is the 1st domestic legislation with regard to Antarctica in India.
- To fulfil its obligations under the Antarctic Treaty of 1959, the convention on the conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources of 1982 and the Protocol on Environmental Protection to the Antarctic Treaty of 1998.
- Indian Antarctic Programme started in 1981
- Completed 40 scientific expeditions
- Built 3 Permanent Research Base stations. They are,
- Dakshin Gangotri – 1983
- Maitri – 1988
- Bharathi – 2012
- Only Maitri and Bharathi are fully operational.
2. Madagascar Joins CDRI:
- Coalition for Disaster Resilient Infrastructure
- It was launched by PM Narendra Modi at the UN Climate Action Summit in September 2019.
- Madagascar has become the 30th country to join the CDRI.
- Aim: To promote the resilience of new and existing infrastructure systems to climate and disaster risks in support of sustainable development.
- HQ – New Delhi
- The International Conference on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure is the annual conference of CDRI.
3. AUKUS develop Hypersonic Missiles:
- Australia, The United Kingdom and the US (AUKUS) created a security pact and defence alliance to develop Hypersonic Missiles.
- It also focuses on Cyber capabilities, artificial intelligence, Quantum technologies and additional undersea capabilities.
4. Gulzar Ahmed became the Caretaker Prime Minister of Pakistan:
- Pakistan’s PM Imran Khan nominated former Chief Justice of Pakistan, Gulzar Ahmed as caretaker Prime Minister.
- Due to the resignation of Imran Khan, he failed to prove the majority in the Parliament.
5. Miami Open 2022:
- Iga Natalia of Poland wins Women’s Tennis Association Masters 100 – Miami Open 2022 held in Florida, US.
- She defeated Naomi Osaka of Japan in the Finals.
6. Prevention of Blindness Week is annually observed across India from 1st to 7th April.
7. Mumbai-based journalist Aarefa Johari has won the Chameli Devi Jain Award for an Outstanding Woman Media Person 2021.
8. World Health Day:
- Observed on April 7
- Theme 2022: Our Planet, Our Health.
- About World Health Organization(WHO):
- Q: Geneva, Switzerland
- Founded: 7 April 1948
- Director-General: Tedros Adhanom.
9. Sarhul festival in Jharkhand:
- The word ”Sarhul” is connected with tree worship.
- Sarhul is celebrated by many tribes in Jharkhand, but most notably the Munda, Ho, and Oraon tribes.
10. Ramdarash Mishra named for Saraswati Samman 2021:
- For his collection of poems ‘Mein to Yahan Hun’.
- Instituted in 1991, Saraswati Samman is one of the most prestigious literary awards in the country.
11. Semicon India Advisory Committee:
- The Minister of Electronics and IT, Ashwini Vaishnav, will head the Committee.
- The newly created Advisory Committee will lead the objectives in a systematic, efficient, and strategic manner.
12. Book Released:
- Book – “The Maverick Effect”
- Author – Harish Mehta.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH