8th April 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
8th April 2022 Current Affairs is provided below:
1. Exercise ‘Khanjar 2022’:
- 9th edition of India – Kyrgyzstan joint special forces exercise.
- Held in Himachal Pradesh.
2. QS World University Rankings 2022:
- IIT Bombay – 65th rank
- IIT Delhi – 72nd rank
Top 3 QS World University Rankings:
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University of Oxford
- Stanford University and the University of Cambridge.
3. Russia Suspended from Human Rights Council:
- The United Nations General Assembly has approved a resolution to suspend Russia from the Human Rights Council.
- It is the second-ever suspension of a country from the council.
- The Human Rights Council is based in
4. Gaofen -303 satellite:
- China successfully launched a new Earth observation satellite Gaofen-3 03.
5. RBI Monetary Policy 2022: Key rates Unchanged:
- The Reserve Bank of India’s Six Member Monetary Policy Committee is headed by RBI Governor Shaktikanta Das.
- Policy Repo Rate: 4.00%
- Reverse Repo Rate: 3.35%
- Marginal Standing Facility Rate: 4.25%
- Bank Rate: 4.25%
- CRR: 4%
- SLR: 18.00%
6. Gujarat Govt to receive Rs 7,500 Cr Loan from World Bank, AIIB:
- The Gujarat government’s Mission School of Excellence project, which aims to improve education quality in the state, will receive a loan worth Rs 7,500 crore.
- World Bank:
- Headquarters: Washington, D.C., United States.
- Formation: July 1944.
- President: David Malpass.
- Asian Infrastructure and Investment Bank(AIIB):
- Headquarters: Beijing, China
- Membership: 105 Members
- Formation: 16 January 2016
- Head: Jin Liqun.
7. Anti-Human Trafficking Cell:
- Launched by the National Commission for Women
- To improve effectiveness in tackling cases of human trafficking, raising awareness among women and girls.
- About National Commission for Women:
- Formed: 31 January 1992.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Executive: Rekha Sharma
8. TamilNadu government forms State Education Policy Committee:
- 13 Member Panel
- Headed by Delhi High Court retired Chief Justice D Murugesan.
- The panel would give its recommendation to frame the new education policy within a year.
9. ‘AVSAR’ Scheme:
- Airport as Venue for Skilled Artisans of the Region.
- An initiative of the Airport Authority of India.
- The scheme allocates space to Self Help Groups at its airports for selling/showcasing the self-made products of their region.
10. Cabinet approves extension of Atal Innovation Mission till March 2023:
- Set up by the NITI Aayog in 2016.
- To promote innovation and entrepreneurship across the length and breadth of the country.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH
ANDROID: CLICK HERE IOS: CLICK HERE