8th January 2022 Current Affairs
IMPORTANT CURRENT AFFAIRS KEY POINTS – DOWNLOAD PDF
8th January 2022 Current Affairs is provided below.
1. Losoong and Namsoong festival:
- Celebrated by the people of Sikkim.
- It marks the beginning of the harvest season.
- The Losoong festival is celebrated as Sonam Losoong, by the Sikkimese Bhutia and as Namsoong by the Lepchas.
2. Submarine Exercise ‘Sea Dragon 22’:
- US-led exercise
- 6 nations are participating – the US, Australia, Canada, India, Japan, and South Korea.
- Held at Andersen Air Force Base, Guam, in the western pacific.
3. 78th SKOCH SUMMIT:
- Theme: State of Governance
- The Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL), Delhi won the SKOCH award 2021(Silver) for battling crime against children.
- The award is given to recognise the people, projects and institutions that work to build a better India.
SKOCH Literature Award:
- Amar Patnaik, for the book titled “Institutional change and power asymmetry in the context of rural India.”
- Manish Tewari, for the book titled “10 Flash Points 20 Years”.
- Tamal Bandyopadhyay, for the book titled “Pandemonium: The Great Indian Banking Tragedy”.
4. Zhang Ming:
- Appointed as the new secretary-general of SCO.
- Replaced Vladimir Norov.
- For the first time, India will assume the presidency of SCO for the period of 2022 – 2023 and it will host the SCO summit in 2023.
- Est: 2003
- HQ: Beijing, China.
- India – joined in the Astana Summit in 2017.
- Member Countries (8): Kazakhstan, China, the Kyrgyz Republic, Pakistan, Russia, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, India.
- Observer States(4): Afghanistan, Belarus, Mongolia, and Iran.
5. S. Thirumurthi:
- Takes over the Chair of the united nations counter-terrorism committee (UNCTC) for 2022.
- It consisted of all 15 (permanent and non-permanent) members of the UNSC.
- Currently, India – non-permanent member
6. Chinese Artificial Sunset new world record:
- The experimental advanced superconducting tokamak (EAST) is known as the Chinese artificial sun.
- It has achieved continuous high-temperature plasma operation.
7. 75th BIS foundation day:
- Founded on 6th Jan 1947
8. NSO estimates FY2022 GDP growth rate at 9.2%
9. The Andhra Pradesh government raises the retirement age of government staff to 62.
FOR PREVIOUS YEAR QUESTIONS QUIZ – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD SAMACHEER BOOKS PDF – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS QUIZ 2021 – CLICK HERE
DAILY CURRENT AFFAIRS NOTES 2022 – CLICK HERE
DOWNLOAD OUR MOBILE APP FOR FREE TEST BATCH